Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 12 Replies | 1 Follower

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,375 Posts
Bronze Member
CB Geeked [8-|] posted on Mon, Nov 17 2014 6:44 PM

Hi everybody,

The BL 9 are not really easy to find used...

So it's difficult (for me at least) to know if they're sold at a fair price or not.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,058 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) 9 LEE replied on Mon, Nov 17 2014 8:28 PM
Verified by CB

You're right Peter...  We had 9 pairs - and they all sold.

Our next pair arrive on the 25th of November - and that's all we have coming in!  No more on the horizon at the moment.

They're serious value for money at the current used prices (£2,700 - £3,000) and if I had 10 pairs I could sell them all to waiting customers..  I'm not sure if any of the other pre-owned dealers have any - so it could be worth checking their inventories as I'm not the only second-hand B&O dealer in town!

For the record, BeoSound 5 and BeoSound 5 Encores seem to have a strong following too at the moment.  After all the moaning we did they seem to have grown on people..

Lee

All Replies

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
864 Posts
Gold Member

Try the biggest sponsor of this site Wink or the next dealer. If you are very lucky, you get them 2nd hand at about 60% of the new price.

Bonne fortune!

Oops! At this minute 17. Nov 20:09 h no BeoLab 9  at LiveStyle AV. But check yourself. My eyes are not the sharpest...

Peter the biker

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,058 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) 9 LEE replied on Mon, Nov 17 2014 8:28 PM
Verified by CB

You're right Peter...  We had 9 pairs - and they all sold.

Our next pair arrive on the 25th of November - and that's all we have coming in!  No more on the horizon at the moment.

They're serious value for money at the current used prices (£2,700 - £3,000) and if I had 10 pairs I could sell them all to waiting customers..  I'm not sure if any of the other pre-owned dealers have any - so it could be worth checking their inventories as I'm not the only second-hand B&O dealer in town!

For the record, BeoSound 5 and BeoSound 5 Encores seem to have a strong following too at the moment.  After all the moaning we did they seem to have grown on people..

Lee

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,375 Posts
Bronze Member
CB replied on Mon, Nov 17 2014 8:33 PM

Thank you to both of you.

And I check LifeStyle regularly (of course) !

Beoberg
Top 200 Contributor
Odense, Denmark
315 Posts
Bronze Member
Beoberg replied on Tue, Nov 18 2014 11:00 AM

If you are planning to visit Denmark anytime soon you can get some serious good deals with private sellers through www.DBA.dk. As low as £2.300 a pair. This is of course without warranty.

BeoVision Eclipse 55, BeoPlay S8 (sub+rears), BeoPlay A9 MKII (living room), BeoVision Avant 32 DVD (retro gaming, basement), BeoLab 4000 (entertainment room, basement), BeoSound 8 (workshop), 2x BeoPlay S3 (PC), BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay H2/H3 (on the go)

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,375 Posts
Bronze Member
CB replied on Tue, Nov 18 2014 7:56 PM

Just missed a pair of 2007 BL9 + a BS3200 for... 3000€

Damn !

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
1,359 Posts
Silver Member
Hi christophe,

I have seen this sale from perpignan and I was the first person who call the seller. I didn't bought them because finally I prefered to keep my bl1. I was sure that the seller won't keep them a long time. Sorry that you miss them.

beolab 5, beolab 9, beolab 3, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000, beolab 3500, IWS 2000, beovision 7 55 mk2,  beotime, beogram 7000 white mmc2, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

SlyParma
Top 500 Contributor
Italy
121 Posts
Bronze Member
SlyParma replied on Wed, Nov 19 2014 10:42 AM

Under 3200 euro is a great price. Between 3200€ and 3500€ the normal price. > 3500€ is expensive.

Loudspeaker wonderful.

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
124 Posts
Bronze Member

So, we're 2019 now and I'm looking to buy a set of lab 9s.

What is a good price today, and should I avoid certain model years? 

Until when were they produced, and can I deduct the model year based on serial numbers?

Thanks for your advice!

Also, if you have a pair for sale in the vicinity of Belgium, I'd like to know :-)

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
156 Posts
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Sep 13 2019 11:17 AM

Hello to all, I bought a pair of 9s November of 2018. They were produced in 2010 and including shipping (I live in Athens Greece and the speakers were located in the UK ) I paid 3100 British pounds. They are quite heavy so the shipping was around 300 pounds if I can recall correctly. I am super happy with them. They were (and still are Cool) in mint condition and they came with all the cabling. Actually the seller asked me what cables and in which length I will be needing. They sound fantastic and I definitely recommend them!

James1980
Not Ranked
32 Posts
Bronze Member

I got a pair last year for £2250 from sound affair, probably the bargain of the century. They have been used daily since and have never skipped a beat, plus they sound incredible! 

Beovision 10, Beoplay V1, Beolab 9, Beolab 4,  Beosound 2, Beosound Moment , Beoplay M3, Beogram 1700

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
585 Posts
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Fri, Sep 13 2019 6:33 PM

In Denmark one can get a nice pair for between £1200 (1300€) and £1800 (2000€). There are not that many for sale here either though. 

/Dennis 

davidr
Top 500 Contributor
Montréal
171 Posts
Bronze Member
davidr replied on Fri, Sep 13 2019 9:20 PM

I have one of the last runs Beolab 9 2015. Fantastic.

Far as I know there is no real revisions with them apart from later models available in different coloured fabric fronts. They're completely analogue so there's not much to go wrong other than abuse.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL