Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 0 Followers

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,256 Posts
Gold Member
vikinger posted on Thu, Sep 25 2014 12:45 PM

I have a BV11 on a motorised hinge.

Usually, on first turning on the TV, the screen moves gently to its usual position (around 40 degrees) during which time the Bang &Olufsen logo appears. The curtains open some seconds after the screen has stopped moving.

However, on two separate occasions the screen has moved very slowly, and the curtains have opened long before the screen has reached its viewing position. I have checked the cabling where it enters the TV and nothing could be interfering with the hinge. Do random slow hinge openings suggest a motor problem? (Switching on and off after one of these 'Slow' starts moves the screen back to the wall and out again at normal speeds).

Graham

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,028 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Sep 25 2014 1:39 PM

Interesting.

I will get my BV11 on motorised hinge delivered Wednesday next week. Will ask the technicians if they have heard that problem. 

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,256 Posts
Gold Member

Hiort:

Interesting.

I will get my BV11 on motorised hinge delivered Wednesday next week. Will ask the technicians if they have heard that problem. 

Thanks.

I've had no further repeat, but it would be interesting to know whether it was likely to be a software caused problem rather than a mechanical/ electrical issue.

Graham

Opman
Top 150 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
410 Posts
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Wed, Oct 8 2014 11:19 AM

Hi Graham

We have had numerous motorised wall brackets fitted in the showroom since BeoVision 11 was launched and I can't recall ever having a problem with one.

Given the complexity of the software and frequency of updates, my best guess is that your incident may be software related rather than the motor itself.

Keep me informed if you have further concerns and we will arrange an inspection.

Regards

Opman

p.s. Sorry I missed you the other week.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,028 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Oct 8 2014 12:32 PM
Is there a possibility to lubricate the motor? My motor is a little bit more noisy than I expected.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,256 Posts
Gold Member

Opman:

Hi Graham

We have had numerous motorised wall brackets fitted in the showroom since BeoVision 11 was launched and I can't recall ever having a problem with one.

Given the complexity of the software and frequency of updates, my best guess is that your incident may be software related rather than the motor itself.

Keep me informed if you have further concerns and we will arrange an inspection.

Regards

Opman

p.s. Sorry I missed you the other week.

Thanks Nick.

All running OK at the moment...... Hopefully just a software glitch.

Graham

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,096 Posts
Bronze Member
Vikinger,

I was reading this post and the earlier post when you set up the hinge on the wall.

Would you still have the instructions that the B&O store e-mailed you?

I will send you a private message if that’s ok.

Thanks

M
vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,256 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Michael,

I will take a look at my files and come back to you.

Graham

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,256 Posts
Gold Member

Michael,

Instructions found and emailed to you.

Original thread on my installation: https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/3788.aspx

Graham

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,096 Posts
Bronze Member
Thank you very much
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL