rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 35 Replies | 1 Follower

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,196 Posts
Bronze Member
koning posted on Tue, May 8 2012 4:49 PM

The clouding issues with the beovision 10/40-46 are they (2012) solved?

All Replies

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,888 Posts
Bronze Member

No clouding on my 5 month old BV10-46.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,340 Posts
Gold Member
Nor mine. Blacks very good

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,196 Posts
Bronze Member

And the 40 inch version?

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,413 Posts
Bronze Member
To know if there's clouding, you need a totally dark room at night and in the service menu of the tv in monitor you choose "patterns" : black.

Of course good eyes is also a must, my wife don't know what I'm talking about when I speak of the famous "clouds".

But once you see them, it's for eternity.

I haven't seen a single Bv10 without clouding from the delivery of my first one in april 2010 to the last one in the lets say six month ago.

It will be interesting to see absolute dark pictures of Bv10 without clouds.

Gregory
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,888 Posts
Bronze Member

BeoGreg:
To know if there's clouding, you need a totally dark room at night and in the service menu of the tv in monitor you choose "patterns" : black.

Or I could spend the time doing something a lot more useful :)

BeoGreg:

...Of course good eyes is also a must

Good lord.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder

moxxey:

BeoGreg:

...Of course good eyes is also a must

Good lord.

True.

But I wish the Good Lord had given me with eyes that could see this issue

and had left me with ears that could hear the differences in lossless records 

my sons are complaining about a frame rate issue in the new BV8

apparently they can see a frame rate slow down during playbacks

I can not even see what they are talking about

so we have some quite frustrating conversations

no, let me rephrase

very frustrating

Laughing

BeoNut since '75

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member

Oh my gosh, it's all too much now ;)

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,196 Posts
Bronze Member

Through the years,are there different versions of the BV10-40

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,629 Posts
Bronze Member

If you can't see it in normal viewing then ignorance is bliss - it would be madness to go looking for it on purpose. Once you know it to be there you will convince yourself you can see it under normal conditions and your satisfaction with your TV will be ruined forever.

I've seen too many people changing things because they've read about it in magazines/forums etc. and have then convinced themselves they can see/hear it themselves!

Watch the programmes on your TV, not the TV itself!Wink

Ban boring signatures!

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,340 Posts
Gold Member
Puncher is right on this. Don't go looking for problems that might well be there. When your watching all but the darkest films you would never know anyway.

I can't tell you how impressed I am by the quality of the picture on the 10-46 compared to the 7-40 mk3. Very sharp and great blacks. And add in the complimentary Beolab 11, I have a neat minimal beautiful looking and sounding TV. Just what a B&O should be.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,629 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:
Puncher is right on this. Don't go looking for problems that might well be there. When your watching all but the darkest films you would never know anyway.

I can't tell you how impressed I am by the quality of the picture on the 10-46 compared to the 7-40 mk3. Very sharp and great blacks. And add in the complimentary Beolab 11, I have a neat minimal beautiful looking and sounding TV. Just what a B&O should be.

Yes - thumbs up The BV10 is a beautiful TV - enjoy it.Smile

I do wonder if B&O were expecting a run on BL11's that never came though, by the number they're giving away free!Wink

Ban boring signatures!

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, May 9 2012 11:09 PM

Definitely the MOST BEAUTIFUL ELEGANT TV ever!!!  I really can't imagine anyone ever wanting to get rid of one of these.

I saw the BV12 the other day and yeah, it's just a TV whereas this BV10 is elegance, it's art and it's timeless!!! Plus it has character!

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,888 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, May 9 2012 11:15 PM

Paul W:

I saw the BV12 the other day and yeah, it's just a TV whereas this BV10 is elegance, it's art and it's timeless!!! Plus it has character!

The BV12 has a much much better picture. I own a new-ish BV10-46 and the BV12 blows it out of the water. Colours are deeper, richer and, as it's plasma, less sharp.

BV10-46 has a top-notch image, but it's trumped by the BV7-55 MKII and, again, by the BV12.

But the design is fantastic. I have the orange fret on my BV10 right now and that gets a lot of people talking (in a positive way).

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,888 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, May 9 2012 11:18 PM

Puncher:

I do wonder if B&O were expecting a run on BL11's that never came though, by the number they're giving away free!Wink

My dealer can't shift his ex-demo BL11s. They've been available since the start of the year. I bought one last month, but there are another two available. Tempted to pick up one for my BV10-46. We'll see.

Problem I have is wooden flooring and the BL2 had to be disconnected from my old BV7 as it rattled the floor. If you turned a movie down, you couldn't hear the quiet parts. Turn it up and unexpected explosions rocked the room!

Page 1 of 3 (36 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL