Reply To: World’s best B&O collection – 1,000 items!

Millemissen
GOLD Member
    • Flensborg/Danmark

I must admit that it is very hard for me to understand ‘collectors’….be it of B&O vintage or anything else.

So I tend to agree with Matador.

I am very happy to be able to visit the Struer Museum once in a while and – especially – I am happy to be able to tell people that we have a public and well curated exebition of the B&O story/history there.

At the risk of stepping on someone’s toes (I certainly do not mean to). Wouldn’t it be better, if those with these large collections of rare tugged away B&O (vintage) stuff would donate some of the more interesting items to the Museum…..in order to make these visible for everone?

We all know that we can not take our earthly belongings with us when we leave this world – and in most cases those who will enherit these collections will have no, or no real interest in the B&O stuff or history.

Why not make it possible for other people with love for vintage B&O and the history behind the company to learn more about this?

Personally I do not collect – apart from what I have a daily use for.
    So not much to see here……even if my wife thinks that what I have is already too much.

Anyway thanks to Steve for making these videos – makes it easier for me to tell people of the uniqueness of B&O.

MM