Reply To: BLC + BS9000 + BS5

Stan
BRONZE Member
  • Topics Started 5
  • Total Posts 41

Thanks everyone.

I did some reading in the archived forum, and it seems that Spotify can’t be streamed to the BLC as it is not a SpotifyConnect device (oddly enough, I found this gem in a post I wrote in 2016).  The workaround/loophole is that one can connect a Chromecast Audio to an Aux-in somewhere and then distributed that (or send Spotify as Bluetooth from a phone to a NL device and distribute that).  Of course, Deezer works, too… without the gymnastics… except my family uses Spotify…

The problems I was running into last time with the BS5 and the BLC were because I also had a BV8 and BS9000 so all the ML “slots” were used up (A.Master, V.Master and Source Master).  I no longer have the BV8 connected to the ML network so I can set the BLC to V.master and all the V.master sources will be available for integration, correct?

So far so good.  To continue down the Spotify path, I already own a Chromecast Audio, but now the question is about how Aux-in is handled and the delay.

If I were to route the Aux-in from the BS9000 to a NL device, I believe there will be a delay on the NL side, but no delay on the ML side.  Therefore, if I had both devices playing at the same time, there’d be an “echo”.  This is the scenario that the “NL/ML delay box” handles, correct?  To delay the analog side (ML) to match the delay imposed by the digital side (NL)?  Therefore, if I want synchronized audio from line-in input across all devices, I need to use line-in on the NL side (or find a delay box, but I don’t believe this box will delay the output between the BS9000 line-in and speakers connected to the BS9000, only to other ML connected devices).

Therefore (assuming I’m correct in my thinking so far), I can, for example, connect a Chromecast to the Line-In on the BLC, and continue with a turntable connected to the Line-in on my (pre-GVA) BS2, and then map these to A.Video sources (like TV or DTV) in the BLC.  Then, I press TV or DTV on the Beo4 while standing in front of my BS9000 or BL3500 and off we go on the ML devices.

On the NL devices, how do you specify the BLC’s line-in as a source?  I don’t recall whether the BLC shows up as a NL device in the BeoApp.  If so, I’d start playing the Chromecast via the Spotify App which the BLC will sense and turn on, and then I can “touch to join” on NL devices (or app) to hear the audio?

One more question on a slightly different topic, if I want to play CDs from the BS9000 on my BL3500 and have this simultaneously playing on a NL device, I would need a delay box, correct?

If I forget about the BLC and just add a core to the line-in of the BS9000, and connect the line-out of the BS9000 to the line-in of the core, I’d have a similar delay problem when playing CDs, correct?  As the audio distributed via the line-in of the core is delayed a bit.