Reply To: BM3500 connected to Beolink Converter & MCL2A?

Guy
BRONZE Member
    • Warwickshire, UK
    • Topics Started 16
    • Total Posts 1,044

I’m curious though, if I activated the Beogram in the lounge from my office via MCL2A would that trigger the Beolink Converter to fire up my Beovision and consequently the speakers in my living room?

No it wouldn’t. The BM3500 would start up but it would be muted. The TV and its connected speakers should stay off.

This sounds very sensible but I wouldn’t know where to start with the set-up: Audio Auxilary Link to Beolink Converter to Masterlink to Beovision – I would have to split the ML cable and branch off to the office – would that confuse everything even more???

Yes you’d have to split the masterlink cable or use a ML junction box – I find that the ‘plug-in’ type is best to avoid cutting wires or cutting off plugs. In the office you’d then need a Passive with an ML-eye and of course some passive speakers. This system should work well.

The MCL2A option does seem simpler if my concerns above are unwarranted.

I agree -if you are happy with the volume limitations. There is however a way to get ‘pseudo-independent’ volume control in an MCL2 link room: Instead of an MCL2A you could add an MCL2AV, but this has Powerlink Outputs so you’d also need a Passive or MCL2P amplifier in order to get volume levels that can be different to the main room. If you do want independent volume then an ML extension is a better solution.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds