May 6, 2022 at 7:02 pm #4836
We might need a few more answers fisrt.
- Does the system work using the onboard controls? (most important detail)
- Initially the only button it will react to on the remote, is when you press CD to turn it on.
- Have you tried looking through a phone camera to see if the remote is sending out IR. Press CD on the remote and you should see the two IR emmitters on the remote glow/flash (I’m told that if using an iPhone look through the selfie cam).
- What speakers do you have connected? I assume they are not B&O Beolab Speakers. You only need the Dummy Plug if NOT using Beolab Speakers. There are two powerlink sockets (as marked). The third socket you see is an AUX input.
- If you have non B&O speakers connected, how is that being achieved with your speakers? The BS9000 cannot power non B&O speakers so do you have a separate Amp connected?
- Option Programming may be what the issue is. You need the system in standby when you set the options. I believe that it should be set as A-OPT 1 if you are using the dummy plug.
- You are correct that people have had issues with the IR eye failing. Ther are a few posts on the Archive Forum 2012-2022 if you do a search there.
Hopefully your answers will assist us to help you. Good luck