Reply To: BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations

matador
    • Paris France
    • Topics Started 48
    • Total Posts 689

Problem with deep research is, unless you find the perfect answer, the more you searh the more you get confused!

What we know for sure is, sometimes you need to press “AV+ video source” to trigger the converter, experienced by default with a Beolab 3500, And sometimes you need to press “any video source” for the same purpose, experienced by me when letting the converter autoconfig itself connected to a Beosound and preventing it to autoconfigure again (i.e. powering it first).

So in both case, it is a video master, triggered by a video source key, right?
    Seems correct because I can’t find posts stating that you can start it with an Audio command.

I would be very surprised that the solution will rely in a simple short between a datalink pin and the ground. But who knows?

As you I’m not sure to dare to try shorting pins randomly. There, a service manual could help.

What impressed me the most was when I got communication between the 3500 and the 2300. I mean, same amount of data exchange, handshake or whatever with only two pins, the same way than an ouverture with that big Masterlink connector full of a lot of pins? Impressive!

Now, using a 1611 to drive a Beolab 3500 seems to always have been a hack. So no wonder we can’t exactly do what we want with it. Because in that case it’s always someting missing: an “intelligent” device at the other end of the converter. One that identifies itself and unlock all commands, audio, video, etc…

Please Guy, don’t burn any equipment for science sakes, but lets continu our experiments as long as they’re safe.

Cheers.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds