Reply To: BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations

Guy
BRONZE Member
    • Warwickshire, UK
    • Topics Started 16
    • Total Posts 1,044

I have now found my 1611 and associated cables and have experimented a little to try and work out the audiomaster/videomaster trigger.

I put my BV10-32 in V.OPT 2 and connected a 1611 with ML.

I tried my iPhone as a source using a 3.5mm to 7-pin DIN cable into the 1611’s AAL socket (inputting to DIN pins 3 and 5 as usual).  Pressing any audio source will turn the TV on, but there is no sound.  When I press MENU the TV’s screen shows the audio source that I selected (eg RADIO).  I tried various Video sources (unused by BV10) but still no sound.  Hence the TV is detecting the 1611 but it is NOT working correctly as either video- or audio-master.

I then connected my (old) BS1’s AUX in/out to the 1611 with a 7-pin DIN to DIN.  The TV turn on with any AUDIO source and I can hear the radio from the BS1 through the TV speakers.  I can’t control the BS1, but didn’t expect to be able to as I was just using it as an audio source.

So in the second case above, something conveyed by the 7-pin DIN (possibly from the BS1) is triggering the 1611 to work as an audiomaster.

Then I spotted a little note in Peter Pan’s diagram at this post:  https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/beolab-3500-how-to-fix-ml-input-selection/#post-13657

There’s a note by the DIN plug that states (in Danish) ‘to trigger the 1611, connect a wire from Pin 2 to Pin 1’.

@Matador have you made this pin 2 to pin 1 connection in the source to your 1611?  Perhaps this is what OneRemote’s ASNUT cable does?

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds