Reply To: New product launch – beosound theatre?

Beo911
BRONZE Member
  • Topics Started 0
  • Total Posts 28

I wanted to use the BS Core for listening to music (only) through a dedicated source/transport. When i listened to BL90’s in the B&O store using a BV Harmony compared to using a budget Bluesound Vault2 directly feeding the BL90’s via coax the same day, it sounded better without the TV in the chain.

That’s why i wanted to try the Core. TV and movies is not my priority with the BL90’s … for me it is 90% stereo music, und 10% surround music playing live concerts etc.. What would you suggest in order to exploit the best sound possible out of the BL90’s in stereo and alternatively in a 5.1 or 5.2 setup? I would think, that the BL90’s should benefit from a decent source feeding them.

You should be able to setup a listening position on your Theatre with only the Beolab 90, then you have a B90 only stereo setup with the Theatre acting like a Mozart “BS Core” 🙂

Still would not solve my issue, as it is only possible connecting the BL90 as wireless to the Theatre, creating a room corrected speaker group. And in addition to that, i’d have to deactivate the Theatre speakers in the configuration menu of the speaker group, in order to get pure stereo mode.