Reply To: Beolab 5 Powerlink or optical?

Mr10Percent
    • Topics Started 8
    • Total Posts 456

Hi,

As per my original response, Powerlink only BL5s sound rubbish compared to feeding them with Coax. Night and Day in my opinion.

I assume you are feeding your BSCore with 96kHz feed and it is not responding but responding at 48kHz?

The BL5s should be good for 96kHz/24bit DSP so either you have a problem with the Core or the BL5. Again, as indicated above, play with the cables (which is fed first), L/R channel (on Powerlink) and coax1/2 input order. i.e. if 1 BL5 has a DSP problem at 96kHz but ok at 48kHz, you can test each separately. If you have this sample rate problem in both, you have a Core problem (or the signal going in the core is above 96/24). You want the Core to have a problem if you must have a problem.

As I see it now…with the info presented, it sounds like the problem is the Core of the feed to the Core.

Can you connect the Coax directly to your non-Core source but keep the Powerlink in the core. (This will give you Beo volume control but no source control). However, it will help diagnose where your problem is.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds