- Topics Started 1
- Total Posts 4
Beolit 700 – replacing the dial cord.
Argh – that took a long time and there was a learning curve. First of all finding the right diagram for the cord path – look in the service manual for Beolit 500, because the one found in the service manual for Beolit 700 shows something completely different. After fiddling with the damn string – that I got for free in a Danish fishing equipment store – for literally hours, I figured that I should have a different approach. In the beginning I had tied both ends to the spring which proved to be a huge mistake. New approach: Tie one end to the spring, wind the string four times around the tuner dial knob, wrap it in the correct path and then tie the second end to the string and then snap the spring back down. Job done. Now I just need a few pills for my headache.