Reply To: Beomaster 4400 – Sudden drop in sound?

notwist
BRONZE Member
  • Topics Started 5
  • Total Posts 47

Hmmmm. I checked 208 / 108 and it is very difficult to desolder those fets. They are under the long metal bracket and to get to them I would need to remove the pre-amp and that bracket. Which is far from easy as I recall.

I also find it a bit hard to think that that circuit would fail for both channels. Not impossible¬† but highly unlikely that both channels would suffer the same ‘fate’ due to a failure. Capacitors were all changed into film caps. Leakage is possible but all audio, aside from the massive drop in volume, is still the same (balance, treble, etc). I would expect a different ‘effect’ on each channel. I also still don’t understand why the muting circuit would activate, what triggers it? Is is a certain voltage threshold?

So perhaps the muting circuit is activating, but I just have a hard time wrapping my head around that. Muting is instant, not a dying own effect. That dying down of the audio when the machine is ‘warm’ is what is bothering me, that appears to be of something gradually failing over time.

I just can’t wrap my head around it. I don’t have any clear paths I would take. I can blindly yank stuff out of the machine but that is just nonsense.

Sorry for the rambling but this is such an odd issue that I just don’t know where to start. I’ve already done the basics and those voltages and amps all check out.

Bert