Reply To: Eclipse/Harmony/Theatre audio via Beolink

andy_js
    • Topics Started 8
    • Total Posts 28

That’s a shame. I’m eager to upgrade to an OLED TV but I’m not sure if I’m willing to do it at the expense of that feature. If I am I might as well look at some of the other brands, such as Sony or Samsung which have just brought out their new Quantum Dot OLED TVs.

If B&O really wanted to make it work properly they could. All they have to do is delay the audio that’s sent to the TVs speaker so that it’s in sync with the other speakers, and delay the video so that it’s in sync with the audio. I’d be surprised if we were talking more than 100 milliseconds in total. I mean TVs already have the ability to delay the video they show so that external speakers are in sync. I wonder what their excuse is.

Never heard of Speaker Link but I will keep an eye out for it. Hopefully they will add it to older products (like my BS1 and BS2) via a software update so they can play in sync with the new TVs. One thing I have learned over the years is that B&O cannot be trusted with software, so I’m reluctant to buy anything new until the software has actually been released and is working reliably (ha!).

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds