rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

scognamiglio
Not Ranked
32 Posts
Bronze Member
scognamiglio posted on Tue, Mar 18 2014 7:12 AM

Hallo,

i bought my first b&o stuff (beolab 8000, beosoun 2400, Beovison 1, several phones) on year 2000. 

After 12 years I bought a beoplay a3. 

Today i'm going to buy the beoplay v1. Any advices? What do you think about this tv? I'm still using the Beovision 1 after 14 years and I love it...

Thank you!

p.a. I love his forum and I still love b&o!

All Replies

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 2:46 PM

When I first saw the V1 I was not impressed, as it's a different look from the traditional ultra sleek aluminum Beovisions. But the more I've looked at it the more I have gotten to like it. It is a different look, but it is a wonderful, minimalist, kind of techno-Bauhaus kind of vibe. If I needed a TV in the sunroom/dining area it would be the one, it would go perfectly with my mid century modern furniture and white color theme.

Picture seemed about as good as you can get with an LCD, and the sound is really great. Lots of mounting/stand options too.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,482 Posts
Bronze Member

I looked at it as an option, but just can't accept the looks. I saved my self £1,700 and got a used white 8-32 which and as a former critic, actually manages to look very good Erm.. Doesn't say much for the V1 or my taste, whatever makes you happy i guess.

Beovision 11-55, Beolab 2, Beolab 6000, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

ferrum
Not Ranked
Linz, Austria
5 Posts
Bronze Member
ferrum replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 4:14 PM

I bought my V1-40 right after it's introduction. It was the sucessor of my MX7000 which was a very nice TV that time. The V1 is probably the best purchase i ever made. I'm absolutly satisfied with it, you even get new functions by frequent software upgrades (in my case smartTV). Really good picture, rich sound and beautiful design paired with many connection possibilities, 5.1 sound option and the STB controller which is very helpfull. Not to forget the most recent video and sound engine (smaller version) from B&O like in the BV11 with so many possibilities.

For me this TV is really the successor of the MX range, either price wise and also design wise. It is a casual statement in a room.

The price is often a point to discuss, but for me the product is totally worth the price. If you compare just technical data it might be too expensive, but if you appreciate and know the whole package, there is no competition.

Im glad that there is at least 1 manufacturer of A/V left producing not the same replacable stuff than everyone else. This alone is a reason to support B&O.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

Totally agree about it being successor to MX . We had one before and it was understated / part of decor . The V1 is a great performer withno need for sound bar etc and great value . 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,985 Posts
Bronze Member

I liked it from the start.

It is a genuine B&O tv - but different. And I like the fact that you/a company can make different products with the same qualities/standarts/functions but with a complete different 'face'.

A couple of months ago I finally managed to find a place for one (in a former kids-room, now our guestroom, workspace, second livingroom).

It's a 32", which fit perfectly on the wall in that rather small room.

I did not even think of buying anything else (Samsung and co.) - end of game.

And I did not have to explain to my wife how to use it - it works just the same as the other recent (and former) B&O-members of the family.

Of cource it is used in a different way as our main tv. Mostly for news, and a lot for AirPlaying videos/Youtube from the iPad and for music - and (of cource) if we want to watch different channels/blurays.

Actually I would miss it, if it was not thereUnsure

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,482 Posts
Bronze Member
The V1-32 is being cancelled because Hannspree has stopped production of the panel used.

Beovision 11-55, Beolab 2, Beolab 6000, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL