Beolit 12 and standby

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 2 Followers

forthmedia
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
forthmedia posted on Mon, Apr 9 2012 6:53 PM

I recently purchased a Beolit 12, and while I'm pleased with it's performance, it seems to go into standby mode after about 15mins of non-play even when connected to a power source. This is rather irritating, because it means attending the machine to switch it on, and then wait for it to acquire the wi-fi signal. Not ideal if you are in bed on a cold morning

All Replies

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
4,766 Posts
Bronze Member

Really?

I'm not familiar with the Beolit, haven't even seen it, should keep the wifi connection if connected to mains IMHO.

Too long to list.... 

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
983 Posts
Founder

forthmedia:

I recently purchased a Beolit 12, and while I'm pleased with it's performance, it seems to go into standby mode after about 15mins of non-play even when connected to a power source. This is rather irritating, because it means attending the machine to switch it on, and then wait for it to acquire the wi-fi signal. Not ideal if you are in bed on a cold morning

I like my Beolit 12 also and am very pleased.  I noticed that in standby after about 15 minutes, wifi does disconnect.  I assumed it was in the setup somewhere and for me it was acceptable.  I usually charge my iPhone and iPad using the Beolit 12 which makes it a docking station.  No problems in docking mode.  However I am going to review the instructions.  There are times when I also prefer Beolit 12 not disconnect from wifi.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
515 Posts
Bronze Member
Dear all

There will be a sw patch in the very near future to sort out the standby issue!

You can once connected to the network use the new Beolit app to update the unit via your iPhone

Regards

Stuart
mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,529 Posts
Founder
New firmware out now!

Update your Beolit App!!

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 18 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...

forthmedia
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks! I'll try it as soon as I get a chance

travellers4fun
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

I just got a Beolit 12 and so far am very pleased with it. However I have the same problem. Software is version 1.02.12 which seems to be the latest. It does go into sleep mode when not used, and simply disappears from the WiFi. Unlike the PlayMaker (which I have connected with a set of Beolab 6000) it cannot wake from WiFi signals. DOes anyone have any info to share, any advanced settings I don't know of. I'm quite unhappy about this. Thanks.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,849 Posts
Bronze Member

I got my Beolit 12 a few weeks ago. Updated it to latest software/firmware.

It is connected to a powersource and works fine. But when I return home the following happens:

-I swipe upwards on the iPhone and choose "Beolit 12" as airplay speaker

-It gets marked with a "V", then nothing happens for a while

-The "V" shows up next to "iPhone"

I can play through my other airplay devices without problems when returning home.

Anybody experienced this and knows a fix, or should I try to return it to the store?

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,176 Posts
Bronze Member

With bluetooth 4.0 no wifi dropouts

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
FRANCE
1,233 Posts
Bronze Member
@ travellers4fun

The product will automatically turn off after few minutes if it does not receive a wifi signal.

It is to protect the life of the battery.

If you use the Beolit 12 with a power cord, it don't turn off. Yes - thumbs up

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL