rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

glen fowles
Top 500 Contributor
cardigan
75 Posts
Bronze Member
glen fowles posted on Sun, Oct 13 2013 12:27 PM

Hi everyone, i currently have my samsung tv connected to my beomaster 5500 via rca plugs which go into the tape2 aux sockets.The left socket on the beomaster as been cutting out but by fiddling with the rca plug it as been coming back to life,now it will not work at all, i suspect it maybe a cracked solder joint. My question is can i plug my tv leads into another set of sockets on the beomaster until i get it fixed.

The speakers connected to the system are pentalabs mk3s via the four pin speaker one connections.

kind regards glen.

All Replies

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
7,316 Posts
Gold Member

glen fowles:
i suspect it maybe a cracked solder joint.

You're probably right.

The other RCA input is phono, and you cannot use that as the RIAA preamp is in the way. So you'll need an RCA to DIN adapter cable, and then you can connect to either Tape1 or CD (or even keep using Tape2 / AUX without any repairs, as the crack is probably just in the RCA socket).

--mika

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,612 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 12:41 PM

You'll need a phono/RCA socket to 5-pin DIN adaptor and then you can plug it into the TAPE or CD input.

Here's one that should work: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Phono-Socket-to-5-Pin-Din-Plug-Adapter-B-O-NAIM-/250612414617?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3a59a9f899

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,612 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 12:46 PM

I was too slow - but at least we're consistent!

glen fowles
Top 500 Contributor
cardigan
75 Posts
Bronze Member

Okay thanks for your quick replies,i have got a rca to din adaptor which i am using on another amp so will swap it over and give it a try.

thanks again kind regards glen.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL