Beovision 10 Sale

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 54 Replies | 2 Followers

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,775 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw posted on Fri, Apr 6 2012 3:04 AM

I received an email today from B and O announcing a Beovision 10 sale.

10-46 discounted from $9,995 to $6,995, 10-40 $7,300 reduced to $5,495, and 10-32 from $5,360 to $4,495.

Also, included at those prices is a 5 year warranty.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M6

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
125 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by KingOfSnake

Why you all get exited about this?

US market has been always like this check out Mercedes prices in US and in Europe, same for the Porsche, Look at Apple products... I phone cost double of US market... There are millions of examples of price differences.

I believe 3000 USD discount just to get some market share and just to see how market react... Bang & Olufsen is in difficult situation and they are trying to find a way to get back to good old days... 

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,806 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Aussie Michael

Still, $7300USD compared with $12500USD for a BV10-40 is a massive difference!

x:________________________

All Replies

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,327 Posts
Gold Member
I got a 10-46 yesterday and it came with a promotional Beolab 11!

And jolly good they both are at completing each other. I played the Prometheus movie promotion off YouTube and they were amazing.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,327 Posts
Gold Member
Sorry "complementing" each other! Very late

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
1,477 Posts
Gold Member

Dublin B&0 dealer is doing a bv7 40 3d +beo 4+bl7.2+motorised stand for 10250euro

bv10+beo4+wall bracket +5 years warranty 7290euro

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,885 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:

And jolly good they both are at completing each other. I played the Prometheus movie promotion off YouTube and they were amazing.

Good news. Can you hear a difference (when the sub is connected)? I really need to sort out my BV11 and connect it to my BV10. I haven't done so as it's currently wired up to the BS4 and taking the floor stand off the BS4 is very tricky indeed.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,327 Posts
Gold Member

Yes the difference quite subtle, but at times just fantastic. Oddly i can now hear my music etc outside the house when played at a reasonable level, whereas when playing the same track with my old 5.1 surround system i couldn't. Am currently watching MTV Live HD and find the complete sound a more enjoyable experience on a day to day level, although that may be more to do with my old and agricultural Beolab 2 bringing my doors off their hinges! The 10-46 with an 11 gives you a stand alone music system, as opposed to a nice TV with quite good sound without it(Keira Knightley in a pair of jeans/hair a mess, or Keira in a Channel dress and dolled up just for you) Both the same but.......

On a different note the picture is far superior to my 7-40 mk3, with the blacks and detail far better and very noticeable. This is something i know you have personal experience of, but for anyone else considering the switch i highly recommend it. I told the girls at work last night how much i spent on the picture i was showing them on my Iphone, and one couldn't leave the lift she was laughing so muchHuh?

Krakow here i comeLightningTravelLightning

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder

Chris Townsend:

Revisited the Prometheus trailer Movie on my BV8 now that I have re-added the BL11 ... but even better (boom BOOM BOOM) was the new Spiderman trailer Movie - I had it rocking the house at a volume of "60" Laughing

BeoNut since '75

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,885 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:

Yes the difference quite subtle, but at times just fantastic. Oddly i can now hear my music etc outside the house when played at a reasonable level, whereas when playing the same track with my old 5.1 surround system i couldn't. 

That's one of my fears. I have a large apartment, but with wooden floors. One reason I had to get rid of the BL9s was that they shook the floor, particularly with movies. Had to replace with a BL7.2. That's the downside of apartment living. The BL11 is in the room on the top floor, so is less of a worry and it does shake the floor in "free standing" mode.

Chris Townsend:

On a different note the picture is far superior to my 7-40 mk3, with the blacks and detail far better and very noticeable. This is something i know you have personal experience of, but for anyone else considering the switch i highly recommend it.

Yeah, I never rated my MKIII. MKIV was far better (brighter, sharper picture) and the BV10-46 is marginally better than that (the BV7 MKIV). It's definitely a step up though.

I've learned not to mention B&O at work. Unlike my watch collection, where people can sort of see the value in them, they simply see B&O products as "designed for mentalists with too much money" and they then question my value, wage and worth to the company :)

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
973 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

Spoke to my dealer at lunch and they have no BV10 deals/promos forthcoming nor knew anything about the US promo.

Suprised you your dealer does not know anything as there have been some very tasty deals available in the UK for some time now, including the free BeoLab 11 which you have benefited from.

Obviously the dealer can pass the trade price savings onto the client as your dealer we have done or keep the increased profit margin for themselves.

It always pays to shop around for the best combination of price and service.

hotknife
Top 100 Contributor
Germany
840 Posts
Bronze Member
hotknife replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:06 PM

In Germany the latest offer is 25% off.

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=b9bdc57e5062d71b899ec2b1c&id=8ace45f3d3&e=ffb2d3f5ee

LOEWE bild 5.55 OLED + AppleTV; BS4; BL9; BL8000 MKII all black

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
1,362 Posts
Silver Member
olvisab replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:54 PM

Hey guys,

Wake up !, since more than 20 years, HIFI and electronics goods have always been 30% off in US.

20% more could be justified by too much offer.

They began to lower the price, this is a beginning.Let's be positiv.

BR

olivier

beolab 5, beolab 9, beolab 3, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000, beolab 3500, IWS 2000, beovision 7 55 mk2,  beotime, beogram 7000 white mmc2, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

Page 4 of 4 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL