Beovision 10 Sale

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 54 Replies | 2 Followers

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,588 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw posted on Fri, Apr 6 2012 3:04 AM

I received an email today from B and O announcing a Beovision 10 sale.

10-46 discounted from $9,995 to $6,995, 10-40 $7,300 reduced to $5,495, and 10-32 from $5,360 to $4,495.

Also, included at those prices is a 5 year warranty.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
125 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by KingOfSnake

Why you all get exited about this?

US market has been always like this check out Mercedes prices in US and in Europe, same for the Porsche, Look at Apple products... I phone cost double of US market... There are millions of examples of price differences.

I believe 3000 USD discount just to get some market share and just to see how market react... Bang & Olufsen is in difficult situation and they are trying to find a way to get back to good old days... 

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,803 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Aussie Michael

Still, $7300USD compared with $12500USD for a BV10-40 is a massive difference!

x:________________________

All Replies

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,768 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:

Black Tulip ordered

I bought an ex-demo BL11 the other day. Very impressed. Adds a subtle but noticeable difference.

Rikard
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
218 Posts
Bronze Member
Rikard replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 5:53 AM

I hope this is just for now, if B&O reduce their prices the secondhand market will also fall. I bought my BV10-46 two months ago, this is not the happiest reading, as I could get more out of my money. 

If you compare this to Rolex - Rolex raise their prices with a % every year, making shure that the value in the watches on the market are high.. You buy an expensive piece of watch and 10 years later you can sell it to almost the same price.. If they would lower their prices every year the secndhand market would fall like a stone.. Same with B&O if they lower all their prices..

If the market situation forces you to reduce the prices, then you dont have a choice.. What I mean is that this will notice in the value of the things you have athome too..  

Rikard
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
218 Posts
Bronze Member
Rikard replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 5:53 AM

I hope this is just for now, if B&O reduce their prices the secondhand market will also fall. I bought my BV10-46 two months ago, this is not the happiest reading, as I could get alot more out of my money. 

If you compare this to Rolex - Rolex raise their prices with a % every year, making shure that the value in the watches on the market are high.. You buy an expensive piece of watch and 10 years later you can sell it to almost the same price.. If they would lower their prices every year the secndhand market would fall like a stone.. Same with B&O if they lower all their prices..

If the market situation forces you to reduce the prices, then you dont have a choice.. Perhaps the B&O products are a bit overpriced, I just hope they know what they are doing when the lower the prices so much. This will also show in the second hand market aswell.. All of you who was thinking that this is the time to trade in the old tv - the price of your old tv will also be reduced by I think the same %.. So if the middle price between trade in and new product is the same - who has won? The ones that dont have a tradein tv, unless they are about to sell it on Ebay - the price will fall on this one too.. 

It would have been a smarter move to keep the higher prices and give a high tradein price for you old tv - you can give the same amount of discount, it just looks different, and the secondhand market would not fall as much.. 

First base economics - atleast in my book :) I just want to say that I am drinking my morning coffe, our son kept me awake from 3 to 6 - now so If Im mumbling be gentle, since I did not get too much sleep ;) 

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
850 Posts
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 6:37 AM

I guess it just proves how over priced ttheir kit is , especially the tv's

£8k for a 46 LCD is just plain mad.

Schlaumeier
Top 500 Contributor
124 Posts
Bronze Member

rikarde:

I hope this is just for now, if B&O reduce their prices the secondhand market will also fall. I bought my BV10-46 two months ago, this is not the happiest reading, as I could get more out of my money.

If the market situation forces you to reduce the prices, then you dont have a choice.. What I mean is that this will notice in the value of the things you have athome too..

... i can understand, that you are not satisfied with the speculations of discounts after buying a beovision for a normal price. but i do not agree your argumentation. the prices for new b&o-products are simply too high (in relation to quality and features and in comparison to other companies). and lower prices for the second hand-market would be okay as well. it is an urgent need to do so.

Beste Grüße / Best regards

Schlaumeier

Setup Livingroom: BeoVision 10-40 and 10-32, BeoLab 6000 front, BeoLab 4000 rear, BeoLab 11, Ouverture, Apple TV 2 & 4, Airport Express, 6 x LC2.

Other Rooms: 3 x BeoSound 8, BeoVision 8-26, MX 4002, 2 x Keyring, 2 x Beolit 15, A1, Airport Express, 4 x Beo4, 2 x Beocom 5

Rikard
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
218 Posts
Bronze Member
Rikard replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 5:21 PM

You have a point that the B&O products are overpriced, still there are alot of people that still buy them.. :) Perhaps that tells more about us "idiots, like myself" that buy thing for full price that people in average... Stick out tongue

Schlaumeier
Top 500 Contributor
124 Posts
Bronze Member

You are right! I am (was) one of these idiots too... Confused But no doubt, I will change it!Big Smile

Beste Grüße / Best regards

Schlaumeier

Setup Livingroom: BeoVision 10-40 and 10-32, BeoLab 6000 front, BeoLab 4000 rear, BeoLab 11, Ouverture, Apple TV 2 & 4, Airport Express, 6 x LC2.

Other Rooms: 3 x BeoSound 8, BeoVision 8-26, MX 4002, 2 x Keyring, 2 x Beolit 15, A1, Airport Express, 4 x Beo4, 2 x Beocom 5

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,803 Posts
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 12:27 AM

You think you guys have it bad? Spare a thought for us poor Australians...

Beosound 8 is $1495 AUD here, $999 USD in the US. At today's exchange $999USD = $967.72AUD plus US facebook users get 15% off and free extra covers (ugly ones though)

Beovision 10-40 here in Australia is $12390AUD

This equals $12789USD, 9745EUR or 8032GBP!

Clearly there is no price parity around the world......

jk1002
Top 500 Contributor
257 Posts
Bronze Member
jk1002 replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 2:43 AM

What people almost Lways forget is that US prices are net, in Europe if I am not mistaken on average 20% tax are included.

2nd, if Iam not mistaken the US TVs come without TV tuner, so it might be cheaper to produce.

I do agree though, that buying most things at this point in the US is cheaper, I am German living in the US and rarely shop when back at home.

Cheers

JK

wesheltonj
Not Ranked
Texas
21 Posts
Bronze Member

as was previously said:

"First, US base list price doesn't include anything : no anti reflect screen, no stand, no dvb-hd, no remote. Even no labour like some americans stated before (you pick it up and you install it yourself in most cases).

Second, we, europeans have prices includind VAT (19, 6 % in france). In the US prices are without VAT"

The US price of the anti screen is $1000 and the stand another $1000.  The sale price puts it line with the Danish export price.  I wishI got a 5 year warrenty with mine.  Now, if that sale price is complete with stand & glass going to get 2 more.

By the way, I have had mine for about 9 months and its still not programed with PUC's.  I have been try to get someone to enter them.  Found a dealer 200 miles away who will do it for $1500, and only if a buy a Beo remote 6 from them.  I can fly someone in from Denmark for $1500.  Also in the USA these TV's are not TV's they are just monitors, there is no tuner, you must have a set-top box.  When you think about it, that still a lot of money for a monitor.

BeoSystem 5500, BeoVision 10-46, BeoLab 8002
Apple TV
Samsung BD-D7500
Wii

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,803 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Aussie Michael

Still, $7300USD compared with $12500USD for a BV10-40 is a massive difference!

wesheltonj
Not Ranked
Texas
21 Posts
Bronze Member

if you have to drop another 2k for the glass and stand and another $500 for a BEO4 remote, that $2700 off, which would just about pay for the sale tax.

BeoSystem 5500, BeoVision 10-46, BeoLab 8002
Apple TV
Samsung BD-D7500
Wii

hotknife
Top 100 Contributor
Germany
840 Posts
Bronze Member

Any promos for BV10 in Germany planned? I`m not talking about a free DVB-module.

LOEWE bild 5.55 OLED + AppleTV; BS4; BL9; BL8000 MKII all black

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,174 Posts
Bronze Member

I think that's a very good question,because i 've been told that the beovison 10 also getting the new chassis just like the Beoplay tv.

Are they going to reduce the price for the 'old' 10's

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
229 Posts
Bronze Member

I've heard likewise and it will bump a number ;-)

Page 3 of 4 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL