rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 17 Replies | 0 Followers

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member
Manbearpig posted on Wed, Aug 21 2013 9:54 AM

Dear members,

I've meanwhile almost completed my main system consisting of a Beosystem 7000 with Software 1.3, a Beovision Avant RF, a DVD2, Beolab Penta as fronts and Beolab 4000 as rears. The Avant is in option 2 and the Beosystem in option 0. I'm very pleased with the results so far. However, I do seem to have trouble with the right operation. When I listen to music, press list on the Beo4 and when Speaker is shown in the display press 4, then stereo 4 sound with all four connected speakers works. Therefore, the system seems to be properly set up. However, when I listen to a DVD (NTSC format) that supports dolby digital 5.1 and I press again list on the Beo4 and when Speaker appears number 5, then sound is only played by the Beolab Pentas as fronts. Where's my mistake? Is it that NTSC is not supported? Also the 4 for stereo 4 does not work with the DVD.

Is it reasonable to add a Beolab 11 to the system btw?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Rgds,

Kai

All Replies

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

Hey there,

it now seems to work all fine. There's really very little coming through the rears but they are there in Speaker5 now. Everything seems fine. Have I mentioned that I like the 4000s? I was sceptical at first, but those are really impressive speakers and the design on floor stands keeps on growing on me.

Another question: what settings do you choose? I mean the balance of sound: I have +6 for the fronts and +4 for the rears in the sound menu. What would you recommend? And: How does this interact when being on speaker and pressing down multiple times? On the TV display you can vary from +6 to -6 for the fronts but this variation does not seem to become reflected in the permanent sound settings. So, when varying by pressing down or up arrow a couple of times, is this also stored or is the adjustment lost the next time I turn on the TV? And if it's stored, what is the standard/preferred setting? I now have fronts +0. Any recommendations?

Rgds,

Kai

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
331 Posts
Bronze Member
Magnus replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 8:38 AM

If you have a smartphone you can download an db meter app and measure the sound level with that, and adjust so that all the speakers are about the same level. +6 sounds high! I have -1 for the fronts and -2 for the rears.

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

I don't have a smartphone. Unfortunately. I'm pretty oldschool. I like everything where I can see something move, or spin or whatever. Thanks very much Magnus. My living room is about 25 square meters and distance to the fronts is about 3 meters and to the rears abozt 2 meters. Any suggestions?

Rgds,

Kai

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL