rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 16 Replies | 2 Followers

expoman
Top 500 Contributor
174 Posts
Bronze Member
expoman posted on Fri, Aug 16 2013 11:53 PM

• From the forth quarter report:

"Bang & Olufsen has decided to reduce the complexity in the product portfolio by terminating a number of older, non-productive products across all product segments"

Which products do you think this will include?  Here is my list.  Some of these may have have already been disclosed here.

Beosound 4  (confirmed I believe here)  

Beosound 5 and Encore (Encore confirmed)

Beolab 7 series

Beolab 10

Beovox 1

Beovox 2

Beolab 4000  (confirmed I believe here)

Beolab 6002  (confirmed I believe here) 

Beolab 8002  (confirmed I believe here)

Beolab 2 

Beolab 3

Beolab 4

Beolab 5

Beolab 11

Beolab 3500 

Beocom 2  (confirmed I believe here)

Beocom 5

Beocom 6000 Why is this still on the web site?  Wasn't it stopped years ago?

Beovision 4 85" and 103"

Beosystem 3 of course

Beovision 10

Beovision 7

BeoPlay 

Form 2

Earphones A8

Beoplay A8

Beolit 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
389 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Millemissen
Just to try and clarify the situation a little bit, as I understand it the following products will STAY in the portfolio and I don't believe there are any plans to stop producing them in the current plan...

Speakers

BL11 Subwoofer, it's great - nothing wrong with it at all!

BL5's

BL3's - the current best seller I believe and certainly one of my favourite ever speakers

BL9's

BL12 family (in fact new colours added since BV12 NG launch)

TVs

BV11 - the current bestseller loaded with the newest platform and going nowhere

BV12 - just relaunched with new options

V1

Audio

BS5 - recently updated with Spotify which I think is great!

Phones

BCom 2, 6000 & 5 staying as far as I am aware

B&O Play

All products staying as far as I am aware. BeoPlay A8 recently updated with new network hardware that adds DLNA support

Also all headphones I would imagine will stay

Others

MLGW is fine, recent software added NL compatibility and it always had an RJ45 connector

Playmaker will stay in the range. Purely my opinion, but I think this may become more of a key product in the future.

Don't take this as an indication that anything missing from my list will go - and I have no doubt left some things off - but as far as I am aware as a UK dealer, the above items will be staying with us - I hope that adds some clarity to this post. (Not that thought the original post was confusing - but we do seem to have gone off on a tangent?)

All Replies

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,215 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 1:02 PM

Rex:

If this info is correct, B&O have lost the plot then. 

I was in the showroom the other day and the 8000's are still a stunning looking speaker, why not upgrade them internally, drivers, acoustic lenses etc with a totally different design?

Erm, that's exactly what's happening?! Read the new products within next 6 - 12 months thread!

This thread should be locked. Badly written, confusing and people are mis-reading the original post (ridiculously long list).

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
389 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Millemissen
Just to try and clarify the situation a little bit, as I understand it the following products will STAY in the portfolio and I don't believe there are any plans to stop producing them in the current plan...

Speakers

BL11 Subwoofer, it's great - nothing wrong with it at all!

BL5's

BL3's - the current best seller I believe and certainly one of my favourite ever speakers

BL9's

BL12 family (in fact new colours added since BV12 NG launch)

TVs

BV11 - the current bestseller loaded with the newest platform and going nowhere

BV12 - just relaunched with new options

V1

Audio

BS5 - recently updated with Spotify which I think is great!

Phones

BCom 2, 6000 & 5 staying as far as I am aware

B&O Play

All products staying as far as I am aware. BeoPlay A8 recently updated with new network hardware that adds DLNA support

Also all headphones I would imagine will stay

Others

MLGW is fine, recent software added NL compatibility and it always had an RJ45 connector

Playmaker will stay in the range. Purely my opinion, but I think this may become more of a key product in the future.

Don't take this as an indication that anything missing from my list will go - and I have no doubt left some things off - but as far as I am aware as a UK dealer, the above items will be staying with us - I hope that adds some clarity to this post. (Not that thought the original post was confusing - but we do seem to have gone off on a tangent?)

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL