rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 16 Replies | 3 Followers

rimanverma
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
rimanverma posted on Tue, Aug 6 2013 12:25 PM

Hi All,

I have a beovision 7 40" TV to which I'd like to connect Apple TV.  I do have Sky HD plugged in via the DVI connector but I'd like to begin using Apple TV via the HDMI cable if possible.  I have spoken with B&O and they have provided a very over the top solution costing > £1,000. 

I thought it wise to put this to the expert community.  I welcome your feedback / suggestions.

Riman

All Replies

rimanverma
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi All,

Firstly, many thanks for all of your responses.  With my question having stimulated such debate, I thought it wise to update you all.  

Having posted my question on the forum, I googled for a solution and found http://cableconnecting.com/.  I spoke with a chap called Trevor who was throughout so very helpful and knowledgeable.  I am not the most technically minded and Trevor's approach made absolute sense.  The solution provided was very inexpensive and upon receiving the kit and cabling, I was pleased to see that Trevor was true to his word and that instructions were simple and all cables labeled.  I had this baby up and running in less than 10 minutes and it looks great - better than great.

I wholly recommend http://cableconnecting.com/ if anyone has any issues / questions re their B&O equipment.

Riman 

FraserD
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello

Thanks to all the contributors to this post (and a few similar ones) and to Steve at SoundsHeavenly.com

I know much time has passed since the original thread was posted but I thought I would share my simple and inexpensive solution which only requires an HDMI Audio Extractor - specifically a DigiTech AC1739, which I bought yesterday for A$55 from Jaycar Electronics

I have an Apple TV HD (aka 4th Gen - not the Apple TV 4K, but should work just the same, and expect the same for a Roku [aka Telstra TV in Australia}) and recently acquired a second-hand Beovision 7-40 (don't know what series), but it does have the DVI socket in panel 2.

Unfortunately the downloadable B&O User Guide is not much help and I think lacking in important information - particularly if I compare it to the hard copy I have for my Beovision 6

Set up is an HDMI cable from Apple TV to the HDMI Audio Extractor

Audio Extractor (does exactly what the name suggests)

- Audio output is in Digital via TOSLINK or single RCA, or stereo via a standard 3.5mm socket (which I am using).  Very helpfully an adaptor cable (3.5mm jack to 2 x RCA Female sockets) was included in the box, so all you need is a 2 RCA to 2 RCA cable - likely you have a spare lying around (I actually had a 3.5mm jack to 2 RCA male cable)

- Video output is HDMI, so an HDMI to DVI cable is all that's required to plug it in to the DVI socket

Set up on the BV7-40 is to AC4, with the Source as PC (when in Options/Connections)

Cheers, Fraser

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL