rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Mark
Top 75 Contributor
London
1,061 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark posted on Wed, Jul 31 2013 5:44 PM
Ok age old problem how to connect Apple TV to 7/32 MKIII.

Has anyone used a HDMI to SCART converter, does it work and do you loose any picture/sound quality.

And could you retrofit HDMI to this model TV

Also what is the best product you have found to clean the screen glass, 4 year old finger prints are a cleaners nightmare

Many thanks all

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

All Replies

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,803 Posts
Bronze Member

Mark:

All connected and working now and I must say I am rather impressed with the picture and sound quality when you take into consideration the the cabling and splitters involved.

What I like about doing such things and posting on this forum is what you learn, how boring if life was just all plug and go.

Hi Mark,

Can you please explain how it is connected? I get the DVI to HDMi plug, but I'm not sure on the other one (do you have a link to where I could find one?).

Thanks very much

x:________________________

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,803 Posts
Bronze Member

Oh, and the best way to clean is with either a microfiber cloth or a spectacles cleaning cloth. No water or solvents are necessary, just a little bit of elbow grease Yes - thumbs up

BeoHut
Top 150 Contributor
473 Posts
Bronze Member
jldmelb:

Oh, and the best way to clean is with either a microfiber cloth or a spectacles cleaning cloth. No water or solvents are necessary, just a little bit of elbow grease

???

What do you mean by this Jonathan in relation to this topic? Clean old age equipment?

Probably wrong post here ;-)
Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,803 Posts
Bronze Member

BeoHut:
jldmelb:

Oh, and the best way to clean is with either a microfiber cloth or a spectacles cleaning cloth. No water or solvents are necessary, just a little bit of elbow grease

???

What do you mean by this Jonathan in relation to this topic? Clean old age equipment?

Probably wrong post here ;-)

If you read the original question, the OP asks for the best way to clean fingerprints off the glass screen...

BeoHut
Top 150 Contributor
473 Posts
Bronze Member
"Also what is the best product you have found to clean the screen glass, 4 year old finger prints are a cleaners nightmare"

Sorry Jonathan. Forgot this because I was fixing to the title (and so did others).

You are the first one who will come with this cleaning suggestion. Thanks!
Mark
Top 75 Contributor
London
1,061 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 10:54 PM
Thanks J

Mark
Top 75 Contributor
London
1,061 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:09 PM
Yes no problem.

Apple TV has an optical outlet for sound. I have connected this optical outlet via a TOSLINK cable to a LINDY SPDIF splitter (converts digital signal to analogue) and then L & R phono cable from this splitter to the AV4 connection on the TV (if you remove the rear panel that hides the connections their is a legend that shows you the placement of all the connectors).

I then went into TV SETUP, then OPTIONS, then CONNECTIONS, then AV4. Set source as PC, leave AUDIO and IR SOCKET to NONE and HDTV to DVI-I. I then added PC to my BEO4 remote which then allows me to quick access Apple TV.

Using my iPad I can then "throw" all my TV catch up etc to the BEO7.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
1,803 Posts
Bronze Member

Helps a lot! Thanks Mark

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
458 Posts
Bronze Member
Beofan53:

"Also what is the best product you have found to clean the screen glass, 4 year old finger prints are a cleaners nightmare"

Being in the optics industry, both precision and consumer, I felt very qualified to reach for many of the AR cleaners that had done me in good stead over the years for cleaning my BV9 screen.

Well, I was wrong.

The products and cloths I used didn't damage the screen, but they didn't result in an easy, streak-free shine either. Trial and error pointed to Monster Flat Screen cleaner. Both the cleaner and the specially-woven micro-fiber cloth are nonpareil for this job. I also use this kit to clean my BV8 and BS5.

FWIW

Barry
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL