rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 49 Replies | 7 Followers

JanB
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
JanB posted on Sun, Jul 21 2013 9:59 AM

Hello

Anyone out there who knows what the latest software update for BP-V1 changed/added other than the new start-up logo? I can't find any information about what software changes might have been made, so it might just be some minor changes?

Regards 

Jan

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by tonstadhouders
Well, I did the update this morning on two of my televisions. I did not notice any difference. I also did not note the home control button to work I'm wondering if there might be some updates to blgw that is also require that I have not yet received. I did not notice any difference in the linking of sources as I link my audio through a NLML a converter anyway. If I am able to make any of these other things work I shall report back. I am anxious to see what the app does as well. I think we will see two way on the Beolink app in the coming months as well. Then we should have to a feedback on the iPhone or other device for shades curtains lights, etc.

All Replies

david707
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Silver Member
david707 replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 10:22 AM

Add to that details of all software upgrades available for all products. The decision to upgrade any product, for e.g DVB (consumer) or general software (dealer visit) would be made much easier if B&O provided the details of any improvements to customers rather than shrouding them in mystery.

JanB
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
JanB replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 4:15 PM

I couldn't agree more. I'm going to write B&O to see if I can't squeeze some information about the software update out of them.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

I thought this happened automatically on-line but the remote control app for IPad tells me to update the software on the TV . Confused.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,293 Posts
Founder

The following issues were resolved with version 1.0.4.31549 released on 9th July 2013

• No stations found on DVB-C after SW update to 1.0.3.30552 which was released on 3rd May 2013
  • Black screen when watching channel with HbbTV
  • Vertical line on screen on multiple sources
  • Problem when using wireless delay if changed from wireless to wired setup
  • Wi-Fi packet loss while signal strength is excellent and TV is unresponsive
  • SmartTV - 'LOADING..' on screen during YouTube streaming
  • Short sound mute when entering teletext after update to 1.0.3.30552 which was released on 3rd May 2013
  • Freezes and reboots when displaying photo from NAS
  • No teletext while HbbTV is running

Regards Keith....

JanB
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
JanB replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 8:40 PM

Thank you so much Keith. Big Smile

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
390 Posts
Gold Member
Confirm for the v1 Wi-Fi that it´s much more stable after the recent update.
david707
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Silver Member

Keith Saunders:

The following issues were resolved with version 1.0.4.31549 released on 9th July 2013

• No stations found on DVB-C after SW update to 1.0.3.30552 which was released on 3rd May 2013
  • Black screen when watching channel with HbbTV
  • Vertical line on screen on multiple sources
  • Problem when using wireless delay if changed from wireless to wired setup
  • Wi-Fi packet loss while signal strength is excellent and TV is unresponsive
  • SmartTV - 'LOADING..' on screen during YouTube streaming
  • Short sound mute when entering teletext after update to 1.0.3.30552 which was released on 3rd May 2013
  • Freezes and reboots when displaying photo from NAS
  • No teletext while HbbTV is running

Keith,

Why is is this information kept from general consumers? Or is there some outlet (web site?) where we can glean it?

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,293 Posts
Founder

david707:

Why is is this information kept from general consumers? Or is there some outlet (web site?) where we can glean it?

B&O has always run a very controlled business environment and expects B&O dealers to supply such information where required, but most dealers either do not have the time or do not keep themselves up to date with the various changes mainly because there are so many.

They have always come from the principle that the customer should not need to know about such things, I guess that is where B&O and I disagree..

In my view, B&O gives their dealers a lot of extra work by not providing such data via their public web site, but they are likely to say that they want customers to visit the dealerships with their problems, which is fine, if there is one near you !! Whilst most dealers provide good customer/technical service they are fundamentally trying to sell products and it can be very time consuming for them to answer technical questions not linked to previous or future product sales. 

B&O have made their business decision on this subject and whilst many may disagree with it, they are unlikely to change particularly with the on-going reduction in headcount.

Regards Keith....

rob08
Top 500 Contributor
209 Posts
Bronze Member
rob08 replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 12:09 PM

I have the BV11 and use the Homemedia function quite a lot to watch .mkv movies. The BV11 has never been able to show subtitles (e.g. .srt or .sub) but a couple of days ago it worked on one movie. Has anyone noticed this? Was this part of the latest SW update?

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,791 Posts
Founder

In general. Not every customer  needs an update. Only the one who has problems. These normaly ask the dealer for a solution, which will provide, if available, an update.

If every customer is provided with knowledge about the software updates, does that mean that the dealer has to visit every time each client to provide an (new released) update? Some devices can be updated via internet, but others not. Who's paying for the extra time which dealers spend to (unnessesary ?) update the device?

There have been several discussions about who is going to pay for the expenses? Who is going to pay for "just the idea of being up to date"?

I think this story has 2 sides, one for the custumer and one for the dealer. I only know that a dealer rather needs to sell in stead of running around to earn his monthly income.

Lenny
Not Ranked
Germany
43 Posts
Bronze Member
Lenny replied on Sat, Jan 25 2014 4:46 PM

Hey Guys,

does anybody know what changes were made to the software with update 1.0.5.33981?

Software was released on 10th of January 2014

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
390 Posts
Gold Member

Update v1.0.5.33981 corrected a few bugs, notably those that occurred after the last update which produced some problems at startup.

Several problems that occurred when watching videos on NAS server were also corrected.

cstettler
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

I have the latest sw update from May 2014 installed and still can't see any subtitles .srt with .mkv movies. Can anyone confirm?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,539 Posts
Bronze Member

I am not using the MediaPlayer on my V1-32 much for videos.

But a couple of weeks ago I watched a .mkv movie - with working subtitles.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 1 of 4 (50 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL