Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New standards

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 22 Replies | 2 Followers

kai
Top 500 Contributor
304 Posts
Bronze Member
kai posted on Wed, Jul 17 2013 1:37 PM
Just hearing about some new standards for installers having to wear uniforms and and id's also cust can now say when they want engineer to come out, plus they need to be vat reg as well. Im not sure about that I think they work hard enough, what's beoworlders thoughts

All Replies

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,427 Posts
Gold Member
Just more Nic naff and trivia, probably thought up by the same person who is also responsible for the infestation of cushions and soft furnishings they seem so obsessed with at the moment.

Blokes in boiler suits fitting the best kit on the planet, that's what we want. Lanyards will.be next I tell you!

Beovision 10, Beolab 2, Beosound 2(old Skool) Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Kokane81
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member

B&O need to come and work in a store for a month and then they'd realise what they need to concentrate on.

I understand what there trying to achieve but to expect a installer to pay 400-600 pounds on a piece of software to help with wifi problems is a mickey take. All I can see it being for is to stop the stupid amount of returns of beoplay products.

I wasted 2 days on a module 2 course which i had to pay for the hotel and had to pay for breakfast and evening meals, to be "taught how to install" and after a full 9 hour final day have to do an hour test on stuff we had learnt which was open to interprtation.

B&O need to concentrate on supporting the dealers correctly, not being told we have to pay more for a pair of h6 headphones if we run out and need them quicker then 90 days. only having 1 delivery to uk a week.

And the poor tech support service where everyone tells you a different answer.

anyway mini rant over.

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
991 Posts
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 10:53 AM
Kokane81:

B&O need to come and work in a store for a month and then they'd realise what they need to concentrate on.

I understand what there trying to achieve but to expect a installer to pay 400-600 pounds on a piece of software to help with wifi problems is a mickey take. All I can see it being for is to stop the stupid amount of returns of beoplay products.

I wasted 2 days on a module 2 course which i had to pay for the hotel and had to pay for breakfast and evening meals, to be "taught how to install" and after a full 9 hour final day have to do an hour test on stuff we had learnt which was open to interprtation.

B&O need to concentrate on supporting the dealers correctly, not being told we have to pay more for a pair of h6 headphones if we run out and need them quicker then 90 days. only having 1 delivery to uk a week.

And the poor tech support service where everyone tells you a different answer.

anyway mini rant over.

Correctly and calmly put!

expoman
Top 500 Contributor
174 Posts
Bronze Member

It seems like the current management must have stumbled across a copy of the original B&O prime site operations manuals from the late 1980's.  Those had prime site blue jumpsuits for all the installers and other things dreamed up by people who had never installed anything.  If you wait long enough it all comes around again.  Life is a circle.

kai
Top 500 Contributor
304 Posts
Bronze Member
kai replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 4:10 PM
Yes I remember those days with white gloves etc, but what I feel strongly about is having to accommodate customers out with working hours I will be I interested to see how this works, they work harder and longer hours and get mo money, I also fell sorry for the service who has an account and has now to be vat reg, I know a few of them and its not worth for them which means they will no longer be servicing bang & olufsen, Bango should stop dictating and listen to there dealers and cust, get the product right and the software functions correct then they would not have so many problems
StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
991 Posts
Bronze Member
expoman:

It seems like the current management must have stumbled across a copy of the original B&O prime site operations manuals from the late 1980's. Those had prime site blue jumpsuits for all the installers and other things dreamed up by people who had never installed anything. If you wait long enough it all comes around again. Life is a circle.

Yes this period ended the 'Break Point' strategy, this time around feels more like 'Broke Point' :(

Life is indeed a circle, but the wise man/corporation learns from their previous mistakes!
w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
Most self employed one man installers turnover less than £79k anyway so they will not need to be VAT registered. Get your head out of the sand B&O and look after the good guys that you actually have left instead of trying to create an elite team of somebody's that will end up installing to nobody.
MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
389 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by Millemissen
Hang about, where has this information come from? I have three stores and no one from B&O has mentioned any of this to me, nor do I expect them to - so before we get too concerned about B&O losing the plot can we clarify the rumour?
Kokane81
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member
Kokane81 replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 10:33 PM

from B&O uk, they have a list of all equipment u should have by the end of year.

u have to pass mod 1 and 2 course then they will come look at 1-3 installs before signing u off as a reg installer.

and depending if u service or install depends on which kit u need

kai
Top 500 Contributor
304 Posts
Bronze Member
kai replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 10:56 PM
Thanks I wonder what will be required and how much an installer will have to invest, considering most dealers will use third party installers, I wonder if it will be worthwhile, whst they really need to do is concentrate on there products first I would have thought. But again that is just my thoughts
Kokane81
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member
Kokane81 replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 11:03 PM

think i added it up to around 3-4 grand and funny thing is on the list they have a van as an essential tool lol

kai
Top 500 Contributor
304 Posts
Bronze Member
kai replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 11:18 PM
So there are charging 3k to 4k for the course!! Wonder how long it took them to figure out about the van lol
Kokane81
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member
Kokane81 replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 11:19 PM

no thats for the gear they say u must have. they dont charge for the course but u have to pay for ur own food and hotel

kai
Top 500 Contributor
304 Posts
Bronze Member
kai replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 11:42 PM
Well be interesting to see how it goes, there have many people doing a great job for many years that have prob invested a lot more money than that, I just don't think that this is going to reverse the problem that bang & olufsen have, namely the products, and the software and listen to the people that matter, the dealers and more importantly the customers that made bang & if seen what is
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL