rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

5:8:13
Not Ranked
UK
48 Posts
Bronze Member
5:8:13 posted on Sat, Apr 27 2013 1:00 PM

I have a Beocom 6000 mk 1 which has been working properly for several years. Now it only displays POWER ON... and does not respond to any of the buttons or dial wheel

I have swapped the battery with another which I have and is fully functioning on the system with PSTN and two Beocom 2s

Can anyone advise how to get it operational again?

Thanks

All Replies

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
1,106 Posts
Bronze Member

It means the battery has virtually no charge to it.  When you replace the battery, charge the new one a few mins then punch in 9#9#9*655 on the keypad to 'tell' the handset it has a new battery.   Also, those phones are *very* fussy about which batteries will work.  90% of those you find online (e.g. radioshack.com) or on eBay will be incompatible.  I get mine at a B&O shop and yes, they're expensive ($40-$50)

Not Ranked
UK
48 Posts
Bronze Member
5:8:13 replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:09 PM

Thank you, unfortunately the buttons do not appear to be ooperational,

but I will give it another try

Opman
Top 200 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
443 Posts
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 1:22 PM

I have seen the fault before. On the ones I have seen they have required replacement PCB's. The original mark1 PCB is no longer available so if you have the repair done your handset will have a slight upgrade. The visual difference will be that the two ir transmitters on the top of the handset will be replaced by a rectangular piece of plastic.

It will not make your handset into a mark2 and it will continue to work with your original PSTN base station.

Regards

Opman

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,269 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 1:39 PM

Opman:

It will not make your handset into a mark2 and it will continue to work with your original PSTN base station.

I think I read somewhere on a thread that the base station needs to be software 2.5 minimum to work with this kit, hence base station may need software update also.

Not Ranked
UK
48 Posts
Bronze Member
5:8:13 replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 11:12 PM

Thanks guys for all the observations and advice

ProGram
Top 200 Contributor
59269 Beckum, Germany
363 Posts
Bronze Member

When you use the reset-code, the battery has to be nearly empty or fully charged? I bought a new battery pack, let it charge over night, now I dialed the code and the handset says "accu nearly empty", but actually, it's fully charged.

Now I placed this battery in another handset and will let it run empty. Then I will reset with an empty battery....

What order would be the best?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL