rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 26 Replies | 0 Followers

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member
Manbearpig posted on Fri, Apr 19 2013 8:45 PM

Dear members,

I finally got two way working with Software 1.3, Avant, Converter 1611 and Beosystem 7000. However, it's not yet 100% doing what I would like it to do. When I adjust the volume on a Beolink 1000, the Beolink 7000 doesn't show me or update the volume at all and when I use the Beolink 7000 to adjust volume, volume is displayed incorrectly. Everything else (clock, source, RDS) seems to be fine. Any ideas how to fix this?

Rgds,

Kai

All Replies

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
331 Posts
Bronze Member
Magnus replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 2:22 PM

Hi,

I'm with Stefan on this one; I don't think it's supposed to work. When you adjust the volume with the BL7000 both the Avant and the Beomaster adjust their volume, right? And when you do it with the BL1000, only the Avant does it?

You could of course match the start-volume of the Avant and the Beomaster, so that if you only use the BL7000 they will stay in sync and then the BL7000 will show the correct volume.

As regards to it working without the Powerlink, I would ask you to try again... Are you sure that it wasn't just that they were in sync?

And yes, if you connect the speakers to the Beomaster, everything will work.

Magnus

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Magnus,

I'll try again. How do I recognize whether it's just the Avant or both, the Avant and the Beomaster reacting? I've already tried your tip with synchronization. Problem is that Avant and Beolink 7000 info adjust differently. Therefore, as soon as you change volume data will differ. Nobody here, who got something like this to work? Why is it then that the Beolink 7000 receives all data except for the volume? I still don't seem to understand it...

Rgds,

Kai

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

Double post - slow internet

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
331 Posts
Bronze Member
Magnus replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 3:07 PM

Hi,

When the Beomaster adjust it's volume, it displays the volume level on it's display, so look for that.

The reason is that all the data displayed on the BL7000 comes directly from the Beomaster. CD track, source etc. all comes from the Beomaster and is then transferred to the TV so that it can display it on the speakers. No data is actually transferred from the TV to the Beomaster – the Beomaster just receives commands from the TV and send sound and source data back. And in your setup it is the TV that does the volume changing. So the Beomaster doesn't know what volume the TV is set on, it only knows what volume level it self is set on, and it can only send things it knows to the BL7000.... I hope that made sense.

I'm sorry that I didn't mention this when you asked about S/W 1.3 earlier. I don't use a two-way remote very often, so I just forgot to mention. But I have the same "problem" with my BL5000.

Magnus

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Magnus,

ok, that makes sense. Then, it's working correctly and there's no point in trying to get something to work that can't work in the first place. What's irritating me more right now is that I can't remember my Beomaster 7000 showing volume levels when adjusting. Does it show the volume levels only when playing the radio or does it also do so when playing other sources like CD? Hope there's nothing wrong with the display...

Rgds,

Kai

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
331 Posts
Bronze Member
Magnus replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 4:15 PM

Hi,

As I don't have a BL7000, I don't know if it shows the volume when using that, but my Beomaster 7000 shows the volume in the display when I change it using my BL5000 on CD. Maybe there are different versions of the Beomaster? I don't know.

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

Hey Magnus,

in my case, the Beomaster 7000 doesn't show me information concerning the volume. May this be for the same reason that the Beolink 7000 is not showing me the volume information? Or are there different versions of the Beomaster?

And on a different note: most of the guys here recommend TV as Master and Beomaster as Slave. In my case the question is whether it wouldn't be better to connect the Pentas to the Beomaster? Peter once mentioned that it sounds better to him when Pentas are directly connected. What's better for listening to music? Two way stereo or four way stereo/dolby surround? What's dolby surround good for? Just for watching movies? I have a pretty tricky living room for positioning surround speakers since one needs to be very close to the main speaker whereas on the other side of the living room distance between main speaker and surround would be pretty big. Since I'm not watching a lot of TV anyways, I'm thinking about connecting Pentas directly to the Beomaster. It's a pity since my Dolby Surround module then is unnecessary, but I will need to make a compromise. Any thoughts in that?

Rgds,

Kai

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
331 Posts
Bronze Member
Magnus replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 11:32 PM

Hi Kai,

I'm sorry, but I have no idea why your Beomaster behaves differently than mine...

Regard the different note: For music it is always best to use as many speakers as the music was created for. In other words: Two way stereo all the way! Four way stereo, or double stereo, is only suitable for parties or other situations when the music is only in the background. Dolby Surround is primary for movies, so if you're not a big movie watcher I would definitively connect the speakers directly to the Beomaster. Then the BL7000 should work perfectly! And the Avant is a very capable sound system on it's own, so you would still get better sound from your TV than most people. And as long as the systems are connected together you can still get the sound from the TV on the Pentas, for the odd concert movie etc.

Magnus

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

Hey Magnus,

thanks once again. I would have probably not needed software 1.3 then... However, this sounds like the way to go for me. And sound quality is supposed to be better that way. Do you still need Powerlink between Beomaster and Converter 1611? Or is AUX sufficient?

Rgds,

Kai

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

One more thing. If connecting the Pentas to the Beomaster and watching TV, the Pentas will probably not show volume level then, will they? Are there any other downsides of having the Pentas connected to the Beomaster? If not, why do most people recommend linking Pentas to the TV, having TV in Opt 2 and Master in Opt 0 then? Sorry for asking but I am confused...

Thanks very much for all of your help. Highly appreciated.

Rgds,

Kai

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
331 Posts
Bronze Member
Magnus replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 2:09 PM

Hi,

If you connect the Pentas to the Beomaster, they will not show the volume when watching TV, unless you transfer the sound to the Beomaster (press AV -> TV). I'm not entirely sure if the Powerlink cable to the converter is needed but I can't think of a reason why it should be. But it doesn't hurt.

The reason most people, like me, have the speakers connected to the TV is Dolby Surround.  I use the TV as a center speaker and the Pentas as fronts and it really adds to the viewing experience. And I have bought a pair of Beolab 4000s to use as rear speakers as well.And by doing it this way you get a really nice integrated audio-video system, and everything just works very good together (unless you need the volume on the remote Wink). You don't need to think about the speakers at all, they turn on when needed, regardless of source. And I guess most people on here are so used to thinking this way that we just assume everyone wants it this way without asking...

But if you primary listens to music and are happy with the Avant sound alone for TV and not bothered with surround, it is perfectly fine to connect the speakers to the stereo!

Magnus

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Magnus. That clears it up. Seems like you have pretty much the same setup as me. I'm not sure what I will do. Maybe I'll keep it as is and link speakers to the Beomaster, or I'll add some 4000s as surrounds. Those would fit my environment pretty well I suppose... Have you done the corssover tuning for the Pentas? I have Penta MK IIIs and am a little concerned that sooner or later they will need an overhaul. I've just had two Beolink 7000 overhauled and you can definitely tell by the brightness of the displays and the reaction speed of the two way function.

Regds,

Kai

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL