New audio product coming soon?

Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 69 Replies | 2 Followers

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
130 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear posted on Tue, Mar 19 2013 7:33 PM

Quote from the B&O Facebook page

There is some sonic news on the horizon from Bang & Olufsen. Listen closely and you will no doubt be able to hear the rumblings of something great coming soon...

B&O on Facebook

Tim

All Replies

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
FRANCE
1,233 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 10:34 PM

BeoLab 14 ! Satellites with subwoofer ! Like a Danish Bose System !

New Audio Products ?  My dealer answered me : Nothing.

Hoping the BeoSound 5 will be not the last Audio Player !

jk1002
Top 500 Contributor
258 Posts
Bronze Member
jk1002 replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 11:01 PM

>>New Audio Products ?  <<

Question is what would that be?

A screen that runs pandora and spotify  and their respective crappy user interfaces.

I am still waiting for a apple lossless wonder that does gapless and behaves exactly like a CD player when playing music.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,347 Posts
Bronze Member

the round orbs are a bit Anthony Gallo - where is their point of difference.

it would be good to see a different audio master than BS5 / Encore. 

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,347 Posts
Bronze Member

the round orbs are a bit Anthony Gallo - where is their point of difference.

it would be good to see a different audio master than BS5 / Encore. 

SWISS_2
Not Ranked
57 Posts
Gold Member

Picking up on Peter's suggestion,  I called a B&O store yesterday afternoon. My Beoport fried while on vacation last June, so it was time to check and see what could be done.

I asked first about a purchasing a Beoport. " A Beoport !  Wow....I haven't sold one of those in years. "

I asked if they were still for sale, or at a discount.  " No. That would be a special order item and price. "

To clarify, I asked " So, no discount ? " 

Came then the reply, " No, none. But we happen to be offering a discount of 20 % on our Beosound 5 Encore stock in the store ! "

And what about repairing the Beoport ?  " Oh, that again: " ( Obviously disappointed that I wasn't jumping at the generous 20% Encore offer ) " It might cost the same to replace the IC board, as it would to just order a new one. Again, that would have to be a special order item. "

Further: " Have you seen the Encore ? It's our flagship model. " I told him I had when it first premiered years ago. I thanked him for his time and the update.

20 % off ?  That last bit of information on the Encore might suggest something new is on the way.

srm
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
74 Posts
Bronze Member
srm replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:26 AM

Will the Subwoofer/ passive Satellite System not be a Beoplay Product? 

So i don't think they will launch it on the same spotlightplace how the BV11.... 

Greetings.....

BV10-46 -  BL8002 - BL 19 - BeoPlay A1 - Beo4 - BeoRemote One  -  3x Beotime - Beotalk 1200 -  Beocom4 - Beocom 2 (Yellow, Alu) - ATV2 / 4 

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,417 Posts
Bronze Member
jk1002:

A screen that runs pandora and spotify and their respective crappy user interfaces.

Sonos is much better (GUI on ipad*)

*or any tablet....

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount masterlinked to Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,828 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:28 AM

jk1002:

>>New Audio Products ?  <<

Question is what would that be?

The thing that worries me is that B&O face a real huge dilemma over a new audio product. Clearly CDs are out. They can't produce a system with a manual scroll wheel as everyone is used to using their fingers to navigate their smartphone/tablet.

Their dilemma will be this: B&O have a track history of poor software. They simply do not have the software resources to create a touch-screen audio system. If they did, they'd have to license Windows 8 or another touch-screen OS. And how much do they charge for this device? If it's an Encore without the wheel, it's basically an iPad with connectors to B&O speakers. There's no way they could charge the regular B&O prices as there's barely any manufacturing involved. Hence the dilemma.

Someone wrote in another thread that B&O won't produce a new audio system. This could be very true. The only device I can think of is a touch-screen Encore, without wheel, but they lack the resources to do it - others do it much better.

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
130 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:35 AM

The picture on Facebook shows a spotlight shining on the floor. So I would expect  a floor standing speaker or a maybe (hopefully) a Audio system on a stand.

Tim

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,347 Posts
Bronze Member
Maybe it's a quasi iPod dock that has a controller and hooks into your network.

Somewhat like the encore but instead of the encore screen it uses an iPod / tablet but has the scroll wheel and app

It might be floor standing and hooks up to a master which distributes audio wherever.

On the other note the Bose system is actually pretty good that it allows you to plug 3rd party equipment be it your own blu ray etc.

A surround sound system, is a good thought. They sell well.
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,299 Posts
Bronze Member

Its not unfortunately. Surround sound system, one designed for us the Beonites and another for everybody else. £3-3,500. 

Earphones buds and cans to follow, buds exclusively designed for Paul WCool

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
331 Posts
Bronze Member
Magnus replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 12:11 PM

srm:

So i don't think they will launch it on the same spotlightplace how the BV11....

I'm thinking the same... It's too fancy for "just" a shiny Beoplay product. And rumble sounds like a big speaker?

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
246 Posts
Bronze Member

Does anybody know when it will be launched? Any date?

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,803 Posts
Bronze Member

Say hello to Mr. BeoPlay. Whisper

FlintIronstag
Not Ranked
Houston, TX USA
53 Posts
Bronze Member

*chuckles at Peter Pan's photoshop*

Page 2 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS