Max
Not Ranked
Warsaw, Poland
25 Posts
Bronze Member
Max posted on Tue, Mar 5 2013 8:23 PM

Normal 0 21 false false false PL X-NONE X-NONE

Hi!

Help me please! I did something very, very wrong as I deleted registered base station in my Beocom 600 handset. Now I’m asked to provide PIN code to register, which I don’t have as it is second hand set. Can you help me somehow with my huge problem? If it helps anyway my base station serial is 16239337.  Now because of my stupidity I can’t sleep.  

Thank you for your help in advance!

Max

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,351 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 8:36 PM

The default PIN code is 0000 so give that a try.

Good luck!

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,520 Posts
Founder
http://www.bang-olufsen.com/de/customer-service/product-support/phones/beocom-6000

The code is asked for by the base, so it can be changed....

Hopefully Guy's hint will help...

Best regards

Ralf

PS: But even if it is second hand, it was installed at your place, so I suppose the pin was used by you before?

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount. Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Max
Not Ranked
Warsaw, Poland
25 Posts
Bronze Member
Max replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 8:51 PM

Of course I tried with default 0000 code but it doesn't work. Well probably all will work well, but I was so stupid to unregister the base station without knowing the pin code. So the pin code was predefined in the handset.

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
4,770 Posts
Bronze Member

I'm sure it's impossible for anyone here to help you. I'm sure your dealer can help you though.

Too long to list.... 

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
5,423 Posts
Silver Member

And if not I surely can help you, have a whole box of those :-)

Brengen & Ophalen

Opman
Top 200 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
443 Posts
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 2:17 PM

As you say you bought this second hand I assume that you only have one handset and base?

With the early version of base it was possible to register up to six handsets to create a network of phones. If you registered six handsets and tried to register a seventh you were prompted for a pin code.

I have come across instances where customers phones have lost contact with the base and instead of switching handset off and on again, they have re-registered the same handset to the base. This creates a "phantom" handset registration and uses one of the six available slots. If this is repeated, you can end up with one base and handset but the base thinks it has six handsets registered. In this instance it is possible to delete one or more phantom handsets but this requires access to a handset that is registered to the same base and is working.

If you only have one handset I'm afraid I can't offer any further suggestions.

Opman

jandyt
Top 10 Contributor
13,111 Posts
Bronze Member

If you add more than 6 handsets to the old pyramid charger,or 8 handsets to the newer Beoline base it asks for a pin number. 
Just remove all handsets except the one you are using, then the PIN problem should be gone. 

Maybe previous owners have handsets registered.

Hope this helps

jandyt
Top 10 Contributor
13,111 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry, just read Opman's post. 

dcarrete
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

0000 never works. I have the same problem with a first hand phone. Switch bases and still asking for pin code. 0000 won’t work. My 4 digit PIN number that I always use, also, doesn’t work. Just in case I set my numbers long time ago. I just change the battery from the hand set, set the 9#9#9*355 or something like that to reset battery new. Base started to stop working, then work, then not working. I registered again and now can’t connect again because always ask for pin code. And no matter what code a write. Always error. How can I reset phone and both bases. The pyramid and also the PSTN black box. I have a few of those. Even a new one that also ask me for pin code. I read in other forum that might be something with the phone plate???

dcarrete
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Any help with my beocom 6000 handset? I can’t register to the base. How can I reset base and handset. I don’t care loosing the agenda. I had phantom phones, because only having one handset now it was numbers 05: handset name. No one knows how to reset a base? I used have a store and kept a pyramid base, but can’t get it to work with my handset. 2004 handset so I think is mk1? 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,351 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, May 17 2021 9:34 PM

If your BC6000s are Mk1 (with a dot on the button to the left of the wheel):

- Reset base: Press (dot) 7 000 8

- Reset handset: Press (dot) 7 000 9

If BC6000s are Mk2 (with INT on the button to the left of the wheel)

Service Menu:  9#9#9*INT   (allows handset/base reset)

The base reset can only be carried out from a working (connected) handset.

If you only have one phone line, you should only have one PSTN base, which is either a stand alone PSTN or incorporated into a pyramid charger.  If you have more than one PSTN transmitting that could cause your registration problems. 

dcarrete
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

I have MKI and get a conexión base error when press dot 70008. 70009 I think I have resetee the handset. I will try with the PTSN black box. I know, I don’t install 2 PSTN at the same time.  I have the pyramid base for years, and can’t get it to work. I would like to reset it factory to be able to connect it again. 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,351 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, May 17 2021 10:28 PM

If you cannot connect to a PSTN base then I think you will have to visit a dealer to get it reset to factory settings.

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
640 Posts
Gold Member

This might explain your problem

https://archivedforum.beoworld.org/forums/t/34436.aspx

Stoobie

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL