Oled TV to Beosystem3

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 33 Replies | 4 Followers

graham60
Not Ranked
66 Posts
Bronze Member
graham60 posted on Mon, Oct 18 2021 11:58 AM

How can I integrate a 55" Oled TV into the system that I have, all I want to do is replace the aging BV4 50" with an up to date 55" Oled TV (looking at the Sony Bravia XR55 A90JU "LG Panel") my problem is that I need it to work in my Beosystem 3 set up, this set up includes B&O Overture, B&O DVD2,  Humax Freesat, Lutron Light panel and the remote wall bracket, everything is programed to and operated by the Beo5 remote, the system also uses the 8000s, 6000s, BL 7.2 and BL 2 sub. speakers

I am not very technical when it comes to cables, adapters etc. that may be needed in the integration, I don't mind having to use two remotes (better with one !!) but I would like everything to work as it does now with surround sound, the system switching between video and audio,  with powering off etc.

Anyone out there knows how to do it !!!!!  with a detailed  "how to"

I would even pay someone to do it for me 

HELP NEEDED, THANKS

All Replies

graham60
Not Ranked
66 Posts
Bronze Member
graham60 replied on Fri, Oct 22 2021 10:31 AM

I agree

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,704 Posts
Gold Member
Johan:

Hi graham60, about these Sony speakers behind the screen: the TV you mentioned has an input port to drive them from an external source. The port is a 3.5mm stereo mini jack if I am not wrong. It is meant to be used with Sony equipment, but possibly you could drive it from the BS3, if the signal voltage levels permit. But again, this would need a bit of research, enthusiasm, trials, menu settings, BS3 speaker calibration and a special correctly wired cable (powerlink to minijack). And somehow I sense that you are not into such hassle!

I love BeoLabs, but I surely would also appreciate the clean look of a screen only!

Sorry if this only complicates things for you.

Johan

I think he may be referring to the situation whereby you use the Sony TV with an audio visual receiver, you can use the Sony TV’s speakers (the acoustic surface) as the centre channel in a multi channel setup.

Graham, i have a Sony OLED A1 in my front room and it has the acoustic surface, and i don’t have any other speakers in that room, the acoustic surface is actually pretty good.

I am not that familiar with the BS3, so I’ve been looking at the connection panel on the back, I’m trying to think if you can just plug all of your HDMI sources in to the TV instead of the TV and then just connect the sound (either optical or ?) to the BS3 and use it just as a sound receiver as all of your speakers are plugged in to that.

The issue that i come up with this situation is, I’m not sure how you would control it and I’m not sure if there would be any lip sync issues (ie spaghetti western delays).
Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
427 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Fri, Oct 22 2021 5:33 PM

Hi Aussie Michael,

That's correct, I was thinking of using the speakers of the TV for the center channel output of the BS3. So all other speakers remain connected to the BS3 for the rest of the surround sound experience, only the BL7-2 would go. This is what Graham mentioned somewhere in the thread as a wish. But as MM says, the 7-2 is a well performing speaker.

Your other suggestion, to use the TV as the video hub (and let the BS3 deal with the sound) is what most of us do. It does require some additional work to be able to control it all with a B&O remote in that case (PUC/Lintronic, Optical to digital audio conversion etc). So quite a bit more hassle.

Choices, choices.

Johan

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,704 Posts
Gold Member
Thanks Johan

Yeah I was thinking of this solution for myself as well and then I decided that what I will do is go with a Harmony instead. So I will either sell my Sony TV or gift it or use it in another room. I’m running out of rooms lol.

If the BS3 did 4K it would be a no brainer it would be a swap and replace especially for Graham.

Page 3 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL