Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beosound Core optical output broken after SW-update?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

jkjaer
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
jkjaer posted on Fri, Oct 15 2021 8:08 PM

Today (October 15) at 1.25 CET, my Beosound Core was updated to SW-version 1.12.47108.120390320. Unfortunately, this update seems to have broken the optical audio output as my Beolab 20 speakers no longer plays any sound. They only turn on when I try to play something.

I have tried different sources and nothing works. Restarting the Core also has no effect. I have also tried to reboot the speakers and switch them around, but it makes no difference.

Has anyone else this problem? Is it possible to revert the SW-version of the Core back to the previous version?

All Replies

mhslarsen
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi

I have seen the same behavior with Core and my BL50/BL20 connected via Toslink - as a work around you can downgrade to “48 kHz” from “96 kHz” in the “optical-out” setting menu in BS Core. I have been in contact via B&O today, but it’s not possible to revert to the previous version …

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,252 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Oct 15 2021 8:18 PM
Glad to see this thread. I do not yet have that version so have now turned off automatic updates.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

jkjaer
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
jkjaer replied on Fri, Oct 15 2021 9:09 PM

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I can confirm that lowering the sample rate to 48 kHz works. 

jkjaer
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
jkjaer replied on Wed, Oct 27 2021 5:41 AM

My Core was updated with a new SW-version yesterday, and this seems to have fixed the issue. 

Beofile7
Top 500 Contributor
143 Posts
Bronze Member

Fixed mine yesterday with update. Interestingly it did not auto update. I had to manually do it.

pig30n
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member

Beosound Core software update 1.12.47460 popped today in the app.

Is it safe to upgrade ?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL