Spotify Connect arrives in alot of B&O products

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 45 Replies | 1 Follower

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
128 Posts
Bronze Member
baronvejrup posted on Fri, Oct 15 2021 2:19 PM

BOTF #shorts Bang & Olufsen just released new software update Spotify Connect to many speakers
https://youtu.be/zPUfAzz_iTg

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,868 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Oct 15 2021 2:31 PM

Yes Smile

Discussed in this thread https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/49477.aspx

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

libor
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member
libor replied on Fri, Oct 15 2021 4:19 PM

Does B&O provide some CHANGELOG file? So we know exactly which products will be updated and what are the changes?
For example I have a non-GVA BeoSound 1 gen.2 and there is no software update..? 

pig30n
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
pig30n replied on Fri, Oct 15 2021 9:52 PM

Thid they add it to Stage and Edge ?

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,641 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Oct 16 2021 2:09 PM

Isn't it possible to write a simple text with all products? MUCH faster and convenient than a video. ;-)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,490 Posts
Bronze Member

TWG:

Isn't it possible to write a simple text with all products? MUCH faster and convenient than a video. ;-)

Sure, but Henrik is just showing what he can do in that setup - and for a lot of people seeing makes it easier to understand than reading about it.

However, feel free to make the ‘text’ - would be nice to have ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,641 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Oct 16 2021 6:43 PM

According to the discussions here on Beoworld and the short video (with good music by the way) the following devices have the update:

- M3

- M5

- Beosound Core

- Beoplay A9 MK1

- Beosound 1 / Beosound 1 GVA

Please feel free to contribute if there are more devices with spotify connect (re-)enabled.

Very interesting that the A9 MK1 is supported again... as spotify support was removed in 2018 which resulted in some angry customers:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/B-amp-O-and-Spotify-Connect/td-p/4393407/page/3

A VERY positive move from Bang & Olufsen to listen to their customers and bring back the functionality.

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
626 Posts
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Sun, Oct 17 2021 10:58 PM

Old & new version numbers, or it didn't happen. (Echoing the car-repair boards where pictures are de rigueur.Smile)

Ex: My BeoSound 1 Gen.2 non-GVA in North America has not moved from 1.11.45905 for months.  Also cf. @libor, above.  So delete or qualify the BS1 entry.  (Knowing that in the other thread his BS1 gen-?? GVA went to 1.10.xxxx but @Hiort did not actually test to see if Spotify Connect was supported(?) is not definitive!)

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,868 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Oct 18 2021 7:50 AM

trackbeo:

Old & new version numbers, or it didn't happen.

M5

• New version:  1.27.47107.120390320
  • Old version: 1.26.45904.61640457

M3

• New version: 1.12.47109.120390320
  • Old version: 1.11.45906.61640457

Beosound 1 GVA

• New version: 1.10.47110.120390320
  • Old version:  1.9.45907.61640457

Can confirm that Spotify connect work on all devices and you can use the multiroom screen in the app to distribute the music.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,868 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Oct 18 2021 7:52 AM
Hiort:

Can confirm that Spotify connect work on all devices and you can use the multiroom screen in the app to distribute the music

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
258 Posts
Bronze Member
I have noticed a change in Spotify functionality.

I can no longer activate Spotify directly on my M5s and Eclipse 1st gen using a MyBotton on BR1BT.

The only way to start Spotify now is to use the Spotify app. The join function on BR1BT is still working.

Has anyone else also noticed this change?

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
626 Posts
Bronze Member

Hiort:
<iOS screenshot here>
Excellent news!  (So I could have even used the traditional phrase, "pictures or it didn't happen"Big Smile)  Now we can actually *hope* for it to migrate to North America and the BS1 Gen.2 non-GVA.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,490 Posts
Bronze Member

Seems that these sw-updates are being rolled out differently in different regions….why?

MM

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
221 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Seems that these sw-updates are being rolled out differently in different regions….why?

MM

Maybe to prevent all our devices from downloading the new software at the same time, and thus to keep their servers up and running?

My M3's don't see the new software either. The iPhone app does mention Spotify in the settings already. (But other than opening the Spotify app, it doesn't really do anything.) 

Beolit 12 - Beolab 4 pc (dead now) - Beoplay H5 - Beolab 9 - BeoRemote One BT - Beoplay M3

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,490 Posts
Bronze Member

crossbytje:

Maybe to prevent all our devices from downloading the new software at the same time, and thus to keep their servers up and running?

My M3's don't see the new software either. The iPhone app does mention Spotify in the settings already. (But other than opening the Spotify app, it doesn't really do anything.) 

Yes, but that many devices aren’t there that it would have to take several days/nights.

I contacted the support - all they adviced, was to make sure the app is updated to latest version…..which really does not make sense, when the problem is the missing update of the device.

I wrote back that one of my iPads runs the beta-version (being a beta tester) and the others the latest regular version from the app store.

Since that I heard nothing Sad

As for how this works - the B&O app is supposed to open the Spotify app. There you will have to choose your music and which of your Spotify Connect B&O devices you want to play to. After that you can go back to the B&O app again and from there control the playback (pause/play, volume control etc), you can expand to other devices respectively join from other devices, turn off a specific device or all….just like when you play a radio station.

Actually you will only have to use the Spotify app, when you start and choose your music….which is good, since the Spotify ui is excellent.

Once playing you have can have the full B&O (multiroom) experience (provided your devices are Spotify Connect enabled) - including using the physical remote.

MM

Page 1 of 4 (46 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL