Using separate amplifier to power ceiling speakers

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

cameron11
Not Ranked
29 Posts
Bronze Member
cameron11 posted on Sun, Sep 12 2021 8:30 AM

Hi I was just wondering if anybody knew if it’s possible to split the audio out feed of a DVD player. Feed one in to the 5.1 Beolab channel set up and feed the other channel in to a separate amplifier, this amplifier will power 4 ceiling speakers to create an atmos set up? Thanks

All Replies

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,899 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Wed, Sep 15 2021 2:52 PM

Should be possible - and quite simple - but, as always, would be useful to know more about your setup and what you want to achieve...

Stefan

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,516 Posts
Bronze Member

stefan:
Should be possible - and quite simple - but,
what about sync? And volume adjustments? Is the outcome still Atmos? DVD with Atmos? How to split the HDMI signal from x.x.x to 5.1 and y+y if a BR is ment?

Just some questions which raised up more questions then answers (when I read the original post........)

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,899 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Wed, Sep 15 2021 3:16 PM

Yes, maybe I have misunderstood the purpose of that setup....(?) That's why my questions....

Stefan

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,516 Posts
Bronze Member
stefan:

Yes, maybe I have misunderstood the purpose of that setup....(?) That's why my questions....

Stefan

exactly

cameron11
Not Ranked
29 Posts
Bronze Member

My setup is a 4k Blu-ray player decoding to a beosystem 3. This feeds out to a 5ch setup. The player is able to decode atmos. Thanks for any help

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL