Mozart vs. Network Link Platform

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 30 Replies | 0 Followers

Audio
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member
Audio posted on Sun, Aug 29 2021 8:47 PM

What are the main differences between Mozart and Network Link (NL) platform. Or what features does NL or Mozart or both platforms offer, today?

I have several NL based Beosounds. What will I miss / get additional, when I purchase a new Mozart based Beosound?

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,816 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Aug 30 2021 7:27 AM

Pro:

More modern streaming platform.

Possibility to pair speaker so that they are "sterao pairs"

Bang Olufsen radio

Spotify Connect

Con:

No built in Deezer

No built in Tunein

No NL (said to be added later this year)

No timer / alarm

Others may be able to add to this list.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,093 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Aug 30 2021 9:30 AM
Also the Mozart speakers will be updated so they can be used as surround speakers with your TV / BV.

Though that update i dont believe will happen for quite a long time.
Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
266 Posts
Gold Member
Curly replied on Mon, Aug 30 2021 3:26 PM

The lack of timer and alarm functions seems like a ridiculous miss to me. Such simple, basic functionality can't be overlooked. I don't know how that happened but it matters to me.

I submitted a request for it via the app and got a reply indicating it was forwarded to software development. Crossing fingers.

If anyone else misses this, submit a request via Support in the app.

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Audio
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member
Audio replied on Mon, Aug 30 2021 5:53 PM
Thank you for your answers.

One more question is „Touch to join“ for Airplay working with Mozart?

I guess „Touch to join“ for B&O multiroom not, because it is not supported so far by Mozart.
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,816 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Aug 30 2021 6:11 PM
Audio:

Thank you for your answers.

One more question is „Touch to join“ for Airplay working with Mozart?

I guess „Touch to join“ for B&O multiroom not, because it is not supported so far by Mozart.

No, that is a NetLink function. Will hopefully come with the NL upgrade.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,093 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Aug 30 2021 6:13 PM

Not the physical touch to join - the Mozart speakers dont have that feature.

Whether that gets added once they gain NL, remains to be seen.

My guess is probably yes, but just a guess.

The only way for a second Mozart speaker to join an Airplay stream is via the iOS Airplay menu.

Munchen
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Interesting summary, but what does

Hiort:
mean technically?

Following your Pros and Cons Mozart offers much less features than NL. Or do you mean offering less value for more money, is the „more modern“ way to increase at least the profit for B&O shareholders ;) ?

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,227 Posts
Bronze Member
Is Mozart a B&O protocol or one they are adopting and adding to?

Is it open source platform?

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,093 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Aug 30 2021 9:19 PM

there are quite a few more features coming to the Mozart speakers though.

However these will obviously take some time to arrive.

Munchen:

Hiort:
mean technically?

Following your Pros and Cons Mozart offers much less features than NL. Or do you mean offering less value for more money, is the „more modern“ way to increase at least the profit for B&O shareholders ;) ?

Csaba
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
72 Posts
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Tue, Aug 31 2021 7:20 AM

Has B&O ever actually announced it? Not that I’ve seen so far. There is certainly a lot of talk about it and features to come are being discussed, but I have yet to see an official introduction of it.

Csaba
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
72 Posts
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Tue, Aug 31 2021 7:20 AM

Has B&O ever actually announced it? Not that I’ve seen so far. There is certainly a lot of talk about it and features to come are being discussed, but I have yet to see an official introduction of it.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,816 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Aug 31 2021 9:47 AM

Munchen:

Hiort:
mean technically?

Yes, I mean technically a more modern platform. I have no details but as mentioned in the thread, more functions will follow. Stereopairing and BT 5.0 I would say are examples of actual improvements vs the "old platform".

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,816 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Aug 31 2021 9:51 AM

Csaba:

Not to my knowledge. Nothing more than that NL will come Q3/Q4...

Csaba
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
72 Posts
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Tue, Aug 31 2021 10:26 AM

I find it very odd that B&O is still not saying anything. Maybe hinting and leaking and calling the platform names (one name anyway), but after all this talk it’s like a project in limbo. Everybody knows about it but officially it doesn’t exist? I know B&O could improve their communications in general (ref. the Beolab 28 leaks) but this is way too strange that has been ongoing for too long. I understand they might need a minimum set of features before they can actually announce it, and that they might burn themselves if they say «hey, we have a new platform coming soon with these planned capabilities», if they were to announce it too soon, but at the same time so much is already anticipated or known that it stops making sense not to announce it or send out some sort of an acknowledgement? No marketing expert here though, I’m just slightly annoyed :). But I have no other choice than be a bit more patient and hope that there actually will be a dedicated launch, not just for hardware.

Hiort:

Csaba:

Not to my knowledge. Nothing more than that NL will come Q3/Q4...

Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL