/steffen

pilatomic
Not Ranked
France
Posts 18
Bronze Member
pilatomic replied on Wed, Oct 27 2021 9:34 PM

Hello Lausvi !

Yes the E-ink display comes with the kit ! I forgot to include it in my previous message !

I will work to produce an installation manual that shows how to align the PCB, but basically it boils down to roughly lining up the big holes on my PCB with the big holes on the BL5000 PCB, them fine tuning to ensure the marked pads on my PCB (RST, D0, D1, D2, D3, etc...) are right above the matching pads on the BL5000 PCB. You can see those on the last picture of my previous post.

Tom_M
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Silver Member
Tom_M replied on Wed, Oct 27 2021 9:35 PM

I certainly want to support this wonderful project, so please put me down for one.

A photo above shows the display visible from behind – is it possible to install the display keeping the transparency?

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 679
Founder
I would be willing to order 2 kits if someone in the UK could fit them for me. I live in Berkshire.

Anyone in this thread willing to do that?
L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 242
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Thu, Oct 28 2021 8:47 AM

I’m definitely interested in a kit once available 👍

pilatomic
Not Ranked
France
Posts 18
Bronze Member
pilatomic replied on Thu, Oct 28 2021 5:18 PM

Hello Tom_M,

Sadly retaining the transparency is not possible. The original display was a purpose built LCD, and my attempts to find a transparent display ( either LCD, or OLED as I wanted initially ) failed. The E-Ink display I finally found fits good enough in the same spot as the original display, but sadly it is not transparent.

pilatomic
Not Ranked
France
Posts 18
Bronze Member
pilatomic replied on Sun, Nov 7 2021 10:16 AM

Hello,

A big week has passed since my last message here, and the potential order count is still at 7, which I have to admit, is a bit lower than I hopped for.

I am still aiming for a first batch with at least 20 kits to keep the cost reasonable.

I am not sure if the demand is really lower than I thought, or if most potentially interested B&O owner are simply not looking on the forum.

I will make a post on the B&O reddit to attract more visibility on this post.

If you happen to know other B&O communities on social network, the best way to support this project at the moment is to let them know about it.

Let's see in a week how things evolves !

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Mon, Nov 8 2021 8:22 AM

One kit for me :)

blah-blah and photographs as needed

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 242
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 11:24 PM

Hi there - I was just wondering how the order book is filling up? I noticed a recent post asking advice on a broken BeoLink 5000 screen here - your mod is cheaper than a BeoLink 7000!

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/7940/70320.aspx#70320

pilatomic
Not Ranked
France
Posts 18
Bronze Member
pilatomic replied on Tue, Nov 23 2021 8:06 PM

Hi L Spad,

The order book is actually filling slower than expected, there seems to be demand for about 10 kits at the current time.

I am not exactly sure how I will proceed from here : up to now, my plan was to keep going anyway, and run a first batch even if I made not profit, but at the current time the electronics components shortage is making the whole thing a lot more expensive than I originally budgeted for ! Some key components are actually sold around 3x the original cost !

I'm aware this kits can offer a quite cost effective solution, yet demand seems quite small.

I'm stalling things a bit, see if more interest pops up ( and if components prices eventually start to return to sane numbers)

In the meantime, I'll keep counting potential orders :-)

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 679
Founder
Hi pilatomic,

If I could find someone in the U.K. to fit the kits, I would buy two.

Lawrence
TheTinman
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
TheTinman replied on Fri, Nov 26 2021 3:33 AM

Hi! Don't give up.  This forum just isn't that busy.  I myself rarely log in, as it tends to be slow around here.

I am on board for one kit!

I will try to log in more often to follow any updates.

Cheers!

tamtapir
Top 150 Contributor
Örebro, Sweden
Posts 521
Gold Member

Very nice.

I would like to buy a kit.

Best Regards, 

/Di ck

Page 2 of 2 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate