integrating audio Beosystem 3, Beolab speakers and Beosound 3200

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 15 Replies | 1 Follower

neerrao
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
neerrao posted on Tue, Jun 8 2021 7:43 PM

I am having issues integrating my beosound 3200 and LG TV audio with my Beolab 1s and Beolab 6000 speakers via the Beosystem 3. The LG TV is connected to the Beosound 3200 via optical audio out to digital to analog converter to mini jack to 7 pin din connected to the beosound 3200 aux port.

The beosound 3200 is then connected to the beosystem 3 via the MasterLink cable and ports on the Beosystem 3 and the Beosound 3200 respectively.

i followed the Beosystem 3 guide and programmed my Beo4 remote. I see menu options on my LG TV (connected via HDMI in (ARC) to DVI-D Display 1 port on the Beosystem 3.

any help controlling my LG TV and Beosound 3200 with the Beo4 would be appreciated. I dont know why the speakers are not channeling the audio to the speakers (connected via PL ports in Beosystem 3 using 8pin din mk3 and Mk2 cables) and integrating properly. Any advice on this matter would be super appreciated. I ve spend quite some time with B&O support on this and Im afraid the nearest dealer is 5 hours away. Ive read to manuals and guide cover to cover.

thank you for kindly considering. Happy to describe further as needed to express a clearer picture :-)

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,102 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by neerrao

What I have described are two (rather) different solutions.

Either you simply use the LG-tv as a monitor or you try to get decent aound out of the LG piped into the BSys3....with all the controlling issues, that you will have.

My advice for you would be to do the first - din’t spend time and efford on getting sound out of the LG (no need for the converters there).

Just connect the output of the Beosystem (in your case the DVI with a HDMI adapter) to the first HDMI input of the LG.....that will give you picture and the BSys3 menu. 

(If this does not turn on the tv, you will have to use the LG remote for that. Again there is a PUC solution for doing this with the Beo4 via the BSys3 - but for time being start without thinking of that. Forget ARC - no use for that in this configuration).

Then connect anything else to the BSys3 - go for the ATV4/HD, a CC device, if needed, a bluray player, if wanted. You can use the tuner/s of the BSys3, if you like and if you have access to the signal/s - or connect an external tv/sat/fibre box for regular tv. The speakers are already in place , as I understand.

(N.B. the app on a tv are relatively fast outdated - the apps on an ATV gets updated regularly.....or you can easily just exchange it with a newer version or another similar device).

As for the connection via Masterlink between the Beosystem 3 and the Beosound 3200 - this should work out of the box (with the right option settings).

You should try another Masterlink cable!!!

Also, it is always a good idea to turn off the power on both devices for a couple of minutes, when you have made changes in the option settings.

By the way - this not so much about ‘brainpower’. It is much more about having experience.........and having the time to share this here.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,102 Posts
Bronze Member

neerrao:

the Apple Remote code I have pre installed on the Beosys3 allows me to shut off and turn on the new Apple TV 4k , but i cant navigate through the menu or do anything further with my Beo4, so i resort to using the Apple Remote for now. i suspect the PUC codes need to be updated along with the LG TV codes too, which Ill mail it halfway across the country to the service store - unless you or someone happens to know if I can obtain and install the latest codes myself by chance?

Take your time to play a bit with the placement of the ir-blaster - maybe even with the help of a friend…

It can be tricky to find the right place.

If you have the possibility for sending/bringing the BSys3 to a (skilled) technician for updating the firmware, you should indeed also ask for the latest Apple codes.

The LG codes won’t help you in this setup. They may be helpfull, if you at some point decide to change the setup e.g. if you buy a bigger and 4K screen/LG tv.

Have a look here: https://archivedforum.beoworld.org/forums/t/31193.aspx

for information on firmware versions of the BSys3.

You can not do this sort of updating yourself - the technician (again, who knows howto) needs the socalled Configuration Tool for that - it is not a free sw.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL