Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Is Beosound Core a NL (NetworkLink) product?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
3,613 Posts
Bronze Member
PhilLondon posted on Mon, May 17 2021 4:23 PM

I'm thinking of adding a Beosound Core and a NL/ML converter to a MasterLink setup...

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons. Other apps: ConsltThe Story Mouse

All Replies

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,809 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,116 Posts
Bronze Member

Deleted.

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,116 Posts
Bronze Member

PhilLondon:

I'm thinking of adding a Beosound Core and a NL/ML converter to a MasterLink setup...

Sure it is!

The Beosound Core was the second NL compatible audio box - after the Essence MK2.

It is a good idea to add one. 

Depending on what you need in the setup, you can add any of the NL products (the A9, Beosound 1,2 etc  - even the M3 can add something e.g. Netradio/TuneIn to a Masterlink setup using the converter as the bridge.

If you want to do the setup yourself, you must learn how the converter works.

Plenty of users here have experience with that - several threads on the subject.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,852 Posts
Bronze Member

It might be useful to know that you can also use the NL/ML Converter like a Core in that you can connect BeoLab speakers to the Converter. The Converter does not itself provide any of the NL sources such as Deezer, Tune In, etc. However, as MM pointed out, you can get those sources by having any other NL device. Thus, a combination such as an NL/ML Converter with a BeoPlay M5 would be less costly than an NL/ML Converter with a Core and might possibly still give you what you need.

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
683 Posts
Gold Member
But there is no possibility to setup the connected speakers with bass/treble/loudness, as you can with a Core. Essence MK2 is also cheaper second hand, but very rare to find

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,852 Posts
Bronze Member

Fansastic:
But there is no possibility to setup the connected speakers with bass/treble/loudness, as you can with a Core. Essence MK2 is also cheaper second hand, but very rare to find

I actually found that my connected speakers sounded BETTER when connected to the NL/ML Converter rather than Essence MK2.

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
683 Posts
Gold Member
beojeff:

I actually found that my connected speakers sounded BETTER when connected to the NL/ML Converter rather than Essence MK2.

Thats interesting, never took notice to that. I missed the sound settings and disconnected the speakers from the converter

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL