Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beolab 8000 speakers, Beovision Avant 75 NG and WebOS (and other options)…?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Frank2k
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Frank2k posted on Sun, May 16 2021 5:42 PM

Newbie here, so please bare with me…

I got hold of a pair of Beolab 8000 (BL8000) speakers and was wondering how to get most out of these based on the following:

1) I found a newish Beovision Avant 75" NG for sale (from a B&O retailer) where I live and was wondering if I can connect the BL8000 w/o any work arounds.

2) Tried to connect the speakers to a Denon Amp and net player, but off course didn’t work, via phonoplugs because of the amplification. Is there anything I can add to make it work? I’m also not too happy with the speakers not powering off whe turning off the musuc… Any work around here as well…

3) Last question for now. Is the app store, the LG Web App store, for the Avant? Is it WebOS and what version (upgradeable on the TV?). I’m asking as I’m using Smart IPTV app for my flow tv on my Samsung 65" tv and want to continue using this if I should fork out for an Avant 75" ng…

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,109 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Frank2k and welcome here.

Nothing is easier than connecting the BL8000’s to an Avant NG - they are ‘a match in heaven’ 😲

Only thing you’d need is an adapter cable (RJ45/Powerlink to DIN/Powerlink available from a B&O dealer or at Steve SoundsHeavenly) and then of course the Powerlink cables that hopefully comes with the BL8000. Since they are active speakers, you’l need the powercords as well.

You connect them directly to the BV and configure them in the Sound Settings there....done.

The Avant NG is a B&O tv based on the Android platform, which has nothing to do with WebOS/LG.

Whether there is a Smart IPTV app for that platform I don’t know....but I am sure Google does 😉

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Frank2k
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Frank2k replied on Mon, May 17 2021 11:37 AM

Thanks a mill MM.

Highly appreciate taking your time answering...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL