Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Opportunity to talk directly with Bang & Olufsen...

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 58 Replies | 1 Follower

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,165 Posts
Founder
9 LEE posted on Wed, May 12 2021 10:21 AM

Hello Everyone!

I was approached yesterday by Bang & Olufsen about the possibility of them having a 30 minute 'Teams' chat with up to 10 of our Members.

The Bang & Olufsen Design Team would like to speak to people who are heavily invested in BeoLink Multiroom (Network Link, specifically) about their experiences, good or bad. 

The initial stage would be to complete a 5 minute survey online (provided by Bang & Olufsen in Denmark) and then from the completed surveys they would like to select 10 people to speak to personally for half an hour with a view to gaining a real understanding of how their customers use it, how they like or dislike it, and I would guess to receive constructive criticism (and some great ideas and suggestions) from the people who know and love the brand and products.

We are the 'hardcore' buyers and enthusiasts of B&O, and they would like to hear what we have to say!

So, if it's okay with everyone I'll post a link to the survey either later today or tomorrow?

Kindest Regards

Lee

All Replies

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
683 Posts
Gold Member
If they are reviewing to continue NL, all the more reasons to fill in the survey.

Hope there are many NL users on the forum who actually participate in the survey.

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Styrizo
Not Ranked
Madrid
43 Posts
Bronze Member

It might be just a crazy idea but couldn't B&O just add a switch (physical or though the app) to switch between the old Beolink and the new Mozart platforms. At least until they can merge them (if that's ever to happen)?

I mean, they already have the technology. What would be needed, a couple more chips (damn shortage) and a bit of software tweaking to allow dual boot?

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,036 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, May 14 2021 9:11 AM

Yep - I was told recently that (a) its proving more difficult / more work than one might envisage, and (b) that it is slipping from Q3 to Q4 i.e end of the year.

Taken together, and now with this survey, I don't think its close at all.

In my opinion, its only 50/50 that we see something this year, though I think its more likely than not that they do add Speaker Link. After all they have given it a new name (i.e. not NL)....so the questions lately surround timing of delivery firstly, and secondly, the extent to which Speaker Link and Network Link differ from each other.

Anyway, like many here, I reflected my wishes pretty clearly in the survey, so here's hoping.

driehoek:

Completed. I also doubt that they are close to include it on Mozart. Planning communicated on this forum before was Q3 and Q4. I assume they found out it is more difficult or costly to include NL support and are reviewing business case now.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,109 Posts
Bronze Member

@Sandyb

None the less, it proves that they are working on it.

I am pretty sure, that it is not an easy task - especially not, if/when the aim at something that is ‘backwards compatiple’.

It probably would be easier to make something, that only works with the brandnew devices (and exclude existing NL devices including what is integrated via the converter).

I guess they are trying to find out how much ‘manpower’ they need for this - since they are looking for the experience of people heavily using NL

They want to know if it is worth it.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,627 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks Lee for the link on the other thread, i replied to it earlier today

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,036 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, May 14 2021 12:55 PM

Agreed, they are clearly working on it.

Expecting something in the next few months though is just setting oneself up for disappointment.

It will be late this year almost certainly, and not before.

It also wouldn't surprise me at all if we get s phased implementation - the Mozart devices first, backward compatibility updates for older Nl devices afterwards.

There is also the non zero probability that they renege on the promise in the end, although I would put this as only 10-15% chance.

Millemissen:

@Sandyb

None the less, it proves that they are working on it.

I am pretty sure, that it is not an easy task - especially not, if/when the aim at something that is ‘backwards compatiple’.

It probably would be easier to make something, that only works with the brandnew devices (and exclude existing NL devices including what is integrated via the converter).

I guess they are trying to find out how much ‘manpower’ they need for this - since they are looking for the experience of people heavily using NL

They want to know if it is worth it.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,109 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

It also wouldn't surprise me at all if we get s phased implementation - the Mozart devices first, backward compatibility updates for older Nl devices afterwards..

Most likely, I also think.

That would however mean that, if there is uncertainty about how the backward compatibility with the current/older NL devices will be, the waiting continues.

For my part, I won’t buy into new stuff untill I know that it will work ‘NL-wise’ with (most of) my current products.

MM

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,627 Posts
Gold Member

It could also be to garner "user stories" for agile development.

Either way, it's good for B&O to engage with the people that buy B&O rather than "death by committee". 

nico vercammen
Top 500 Contributor
Elversele, Belgium
173 Posts
Bronze Member
Filled in the survey.

NL is also the backbone of my system. Also integrated with home automation via gateway. Works fine and easy to use.

Our house is open with speakers in every room so “join”’is just a must to make it easy to use :-)

Nico
Audio
Not Ranked
31 Posts
Bronze Member
Audio replied on Sat, May 15 2021 11:14 AM

I use Roon and I stream via Airplay to my different NL loudspeakers, from this viewpoint there is no need for NL for me.

BUT, Question:
I often use "touch-to-join" when I go to another room to listen / connect another NL loudspeaker to the current playing one. Does this still work with the new loudspeakers based on Mozart? Or is this Airplay feature only available with old NL speakers?

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
683 Posts
Gold Member
Audio:

I use Roon and I stream via Airplay to my different NL loudspeakers, from this viewpoint there is no need for NL for me.

BUT, Question: I often use "touch-to-join" when I go to another room to listen / connect another NL loudspeaker to the current playing one. Does this still work with the new loudspeakers based on Mozart? Or is this Airplay feature only available with old NL speakers?

I think you use NL when tap to join so actually you are a NL user Big Smile

Only when you Airplay directly from your device to multiple speakers you bypass NL.

If NL disappears, tap to join will also.

Not 100% sure as I use NL only

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,036 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, May 15 2021 1:32 PM

Yes thats correct

If you Airplay to one speaker, then tapping to join others is using NL.

The newer Mozart speakers cannot do this - you have to Airplay to each speaker, whether thats one or multiple.

The idea is that B&O are gong to add back NL (its going to be called Speaker Link) and Touch to Join to the newer Mozart speakers.

That update is not coming soon, from what I understand - and whether it works exactly the same as NL on current NL speakers, or if there are some subtle differences remains to be seen.

Fansastic:
Audio:

BUT, Question: I often use "touch-to-join" when I go to another room to listen / connect another NL loudspeaker to the current playing one. Does this still work with the new loudspeakers based on Mozart? Or is this Airplay feature only available with old NL speakers?

I think you use NL when tap to join so actually you are a NL user Big Smile

Only when you Airplay directly from your device to multiple speakers you bypass NL.

If NL disappears, tap to join will also.

Not 100% sure as I use NL only

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,922 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, May 16 2021 10:06 AM
Sandyb:

This assumes that the NL speaker has

been configured to support AirPlay over Beolink

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,036 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, May 16 2021 10:52 AM

Of course - I was assuming so.

I wonder how Airplay stream sharing via the newer Speaker Link will be / need to be configured on the Mozart platform.

mbolo01:
Sandyb:

This assumes that the NL speaker has

been configured to support AirPlay over Beolink

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,109 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

I wonder how Airplay stream sharing via the newer Speaker Link will be / need to be configured on the Mozart platform.

That - definitely - has to be part of the job!

MM

Page 3 of 4 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL