Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Alarm clock function with B&O multi-room speakers?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
2,105 Posts
Gold Member
Steve at Sounds Heavenly posted on Mon, Apr 26 2021 9:26 AM

Hi Beoworlders,

I hope you are all well.  I would be interested to hear how you use your multi-room B&O speakers (eg. A9, Level, M3, Balance, etc) to wake you up in the morning - do you set an alarm via Google ("Hey Google, wake me at 7am"), do you leave a phone linked to a speaker via AirPlay/Bluetooth with an alarm set, or do you have a different approach to this?

My own solution is a bit unusual (Beotime in the bedroom, controlling a Beomaster 3500 in the lounge over Master Control Link, playing to the line input of a Beosound Emerge) as explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anY7r9f8auA

However, I am keen to hear what other mehods you are using to ensure that your B&O speakers wake you up in the morning!

Thanks in advance, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi Steve - I simply use my BS 1 Alarm feature to wake me up, using different settings according to the day of the week, followed by a scheduled standby.

I used to activate/join other NL speakers through a combination of HomeBridge/HomeKit routines but it was not very convenient to manage exceptions. « Touch to join » remains the best way to add/remove more speakers as I move to different rooms (e.g. kitchen, living room or bathroom)

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,747 Posts
Gold Member
CB replied on Tue, Apr 27 2021 7:32 AM
Hi

Week days : timer of the BC2 for FM radio

Week-end : timer of the M3 for net radio

Didn’t find a way to start a group of speakers with a timer unfortunately.
Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Apr 27 2021 10:51 AM

I have used the B&O alarm with TuneIn for quite a while on an M3. Now I have moved to a Stage in the bedroom and a BLGW in the house. So my morning radio station starts at a very low volume at 6 am, with the volume stepping up in sync with my lights.

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,747 Posts
Gold Member
CB replied on Tue, Apr 27 2021 12:35 PM
1990:
So my morning radio station starts at a very low volume at 6 am, with the volume stepping up in sync with my lights.

That’s nice Smile
Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
314 Posts
Gold Member
Curly replied on Tue, Apr 27 2021 12:51 PM

I use the B&O app ALARM functionality in my Core connected to a pair of BL17s to wake up to classical music on TuneIn each morning! Pretty simple, built-in solution for this. One thing the B&O app does well. :)

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member

1990:
with the volume stepping up in sync with my lights.

That's very good, a pity that B&O has not integrated the stepping up volume in their Alarm thing, basic radio-alarm clock devices are doing that very well since decades.

Also, while the B&O app let you configure alarms (add/change/remove), it does not offer the capability of disabling/enabling a configured alarm so you must go in the product configuration screen for that, what a stupid miss.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
840 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Tue, Apr 27 2021 3:02 PM

I used to use the timer function on my Essence mk2 to wake me up to TuneIn... until one morning my internet was down, and, luckily, the quiet "pop" that my speakers make when the Essence turns on woke me up.  It could have been disastrous as I generally only use my alarm to wake up when I need to travel, and not waking up on time means missing a flight and then a meeting (back in the "before times" when we physically traveled to meetings) and then my job (if this happened too frequently).

At that point, I reverted to the alarm on my trusty BS3 as FM doesn't "go down" (at least in the US), and it is also has a battery so even if the power goes out, I'm still getting up.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL