Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beovision 7-40- How do I make the DVD multi-regional?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 10 Replies | 1 Follower

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
171 Posts
Gold Member
loureed5 posted on Thu, Apr 22 2021 5:36 PM

Hi,

I've posted before but no luck . The in built DVD player has suddenly rejected zone 4 discs (but Zone 2 are accepted)

Please put me out of my misery,and tell me there's a solution that doesn't involve driving 100 miles to the service agent.

Noel.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
240 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by loureed5

As Keith says, you need a special version of the Beo4 to set the region. You can programme the appropriate hex codes to a beo5/6 as he has described. In addition, if you have a masterlink or BeoLink gateway you can just send the appropriate commands to the Beovision with a macro. I’ve documented that procedure on the forum previously.  

All Replies

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
675 Posts
Founder
Hi Noel,

The service manual should have instructions for setting a specific Region code, but you can only change the Region a finite number of times.

There are apocryphal tales of specially endowed Beo4s that can set the DVD to multi-region.

Hopefully a lucky owner will be along soon to offer to lend one to you.

Lawrence
Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
674 Posts
Gold Member

As Lawrence says you can only change the DVD region a fixed number of times and after that you are stuck on the last region setting you used.

This link may help.

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/7752.aspx

This will help if you can use a Beo5/Beo6 remote and have the programming sowftware or borrow the magic Beo4 remote.

Stoobie

PS - You might want to change your post heading to something that also says can I make the DVD region free - more people may see what you are wanting to do?

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
171 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks Lawrence for your speedy reply and advice therein.

Much appreciated .

Noel.

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
171 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks Stoobietoo, for your speedy reply and advice.

Much appreciated ,

Noel.

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,485 Posts
Founder

I think you are looking for the procedure I wrote back in 2012 when this subject came up many times.

Please find attached a PDF document with the procedure.

The XML for the Beo5/6 you have noted is one I built which provides an easier solution and is still valid for Beo5/6 users.

Regards Keith....

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
240 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by loureed5

As Keith says, you need a special version of the Beo4 to set the region. You can programme the appropriate hex codes to a beo5/6 as he has described. In addition, if you have a masterlink or BeoLink gateway you can just send the appropriate commands to the Beovision with a macro. I’ve documented that procedure on the forum previously.  

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
171 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks for your info. Keith, much appreciated.

The problem I have is no Special Beo4 ( " Using the Special Beo4 remote, PRESS button 2 etc").

I'm going to phone the guy I bought the tv from,and see if he has a Special Beo4 that I can borrow.

I don't begrudge B&O service centres from earning decent dollars for their efforts,but my service agent is 100 miles away, and they charge $120 AUS. for an "Estimation Fee" and $160  AUS. per hour for labour.

Not to mention how do I send the TV safely ?

Regards

Noel.

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,485 Posts
Founder

The special Beo4 used the "Panel Off" command which was reassigned to REG1 and an unassigned code for REG2 as below:-

REG1 has a HEX command code of 58 which is also used for the "Panel Off" command
    REG2 has a HEX command code of FC

The Beo4/5/6 IR protocol has the capacity for 255 commands per device. It also has the capacity for 255 devices in theory.

I am only aware of five (5) device codes in regular use in the typical system.

Other than using a Beo5/6 with my XML file which you can download HERE the only other method would be a programmable remote which can handle the B&O protocol.

Regards Keith....

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
171 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks Keith- Unfortunately I'm not tech savvy,so it all seems Greek to me,

regards

Noel.

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
171 Posts
Gold Member