BOTF | BeoSound Emerge Vs. BeoPlay M3 | Sound Test | 4K

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 13 Replies | 0 Followers

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member
baronvejrup posted on Sat, Apr 17 2021 5:13 PM

How does a BeoSound Emerge sound compared to its little brother BeoPlay M3?

I have made a short little video where we listen to the same number on both speakers and switch between them.

Which speaker do you prefer?

See the Video here

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

All Replies

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,701 Posts
Gold Member
CB replied on Sat, Apr 17 2021 6:37 PM
Thanks for the video Smile

In comparison, the M3 sounds muffled (treble less accurate), but the Emerge also costs twice as much...
Csaba
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
21 Posts
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Sat, Apr 17 2021 8:27 PM

Is it just me or is there some distortion in your test? I can hear a strained bass both on the Emerge and M3. Is it the track or the volume?

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,266 Posts
Bronze Member

Should'nt both speakers play in sync ?

Looks like there is a slight delay when you switch from one speaker to another.

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member

The track is sounding distorted 

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member

They should Play in sync but welcome to AirPlay 2 and bad wifi... 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,105 Posts
Bronze Member

baronvejrup:

The track is sounding distorted 

....maybe that kind of music must sound distorted ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,105 Posts
Bronze Member

baronvejrup:

Well....hard to say - at least under this condition (and music).

If someone already has an M3, he/she probably should stick to it.....at least untill we know more about the potential of the BS Emerge (NL etc).

If someone has no M3 and need something of that size.....go for it, if you can wait for or don’t need NL.

Otherweise hurry up to get an M3 - for that prize a must have - they are soon EOL.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Csaba
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
21 Posts
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Sat, Apr 17 2021 10:38 PM

Millemissen:

baronvejrup:

Well....hard to say - at least under this condition (and music).

If someone already has an M3, he/she probably should stick to it.....at least untill we know more about the potential of the BS Emerge (NL etc).

If someone has no M3 and need something of that size.....go for it, if you can wait for or don’t need NL.

Otherweise hurry up to get an M3 - for that prize a must have - they are soon EOL.

MM

I sold my M3 months ago, at the same time bought a Beosound 1 anthracite, and since I’ve always wanted a smaller speaker from B&O with wood (rather than the A1-style aluminium grill), I’m definitely going to get an Emerge, and trust that B&O will launch NL sooner rather than later. In addition, I’ll give a listen to the Level when I can make it happen, cause I am still not sure if I should go for that or the Balance. No rush, thankfully, due to Beolink in the works.

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
514 Posts
Silver Member

Hard to tell, but I prefer the Emerge only because it looks more B&O to me. I just ordered a Level. The Emerge might be a good option for my office to replace and M5 that is mostly playing ambient music.

I like the design for sure.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
683 Posts
Gold Member
baronvejrup:

They should Play in sync but welcome to AirPlay 2 and bad wifi...

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

That is why many need Network Link Big Smile

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes you are totally correct. But then we have to wait until Q3 

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member

Here is a sound test of BeoSound Emerge

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
542 Posts
Bronze Member

baronvejrup:
The one that speaks English!Big Smile

Seriously though, I heard you complain about doing subtitles for BOTF interviews; agreed.  But doing a voice-over SAP (L/R channel, easier) in English can be done in almost-real-time, and all you have to do is chat at "the damn ferriners" on the second channel.  Yes, it's like doing the interview a second time, sure, boring, alas!  But you don't even have to do silly voice imitations of the other person...Surprise  Just repeat your questions, and relay what he is (in essence, not literal word-for-word) saying.  Exact translations are unnecessary, no voice sync-up required, don't even edit out your in-the-moment translation errors, just say, "no-no, I really meant..." and keep going.  This should net about 2 hours additional spent for each 1 hour of original program material (because you'll probably listen to it a second time before diving in), instead of the 8-to-1 (or 24-to-1 you saw) for subtitles.  Just a suggestion because I'd love to listen in.Idea

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL