B&O BeoVision MX6000 turns off randomly by itself

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

DarkSparkish
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
DarkSparkish posted on Fri, Apr 16 2021 9:17 AM

About a month back, I found a B&O MX6000 TV in an e-waste bin right outside my apartment. Yesterday, I finally got around to fixing the power cable that snapped off. I plugged it in, and was happy to see that it lighted up red, and that the power cable repair was a success. After figuring out the replacement remote I found on Ebay that's advertised to work with this particular TV, I finally figured out how to turn it on. But there were some problems.

One thing being that the volume is lower than I'd like at full volume (whether it's an actual thing with the TV or not), but the main thing is that my TV shuts itself off at random. I could be playing a video game, and it turns off. Or it can turn off right after turning on the set. I've asked the CRT Sub-Reddit about this, and one user says that it's possibly due to HV shutdown. I'm now asking on this forum as well to see if there are anyone that knows a lot about BeoVision MX-series CRTs that can give me an educated answer on this as well. Maybe it's some B&O-specific issues that're easily resolvable, who knows. I at least want to know.

I'd also like to know how I can fix the low volume of the TV as well if you know how I can solve that problem too (unless if it isn't a problem).

Here's a tweet I posted that has a video demonstrating the issue where the TV shuts off by itself: https://twitter.com/DarkSparkish/status/1382966252415676422

All Replies

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
622 Posts
Bronze Member

Many years ago we had an MX6000 that would do something similar to that after about an hours use. It was 5 years old by then. The local dealer came out and discovered it was dry solder on some joints and fixed it within 30 minutes in the living room.

I can't help re the low sound as we had a pair of Beolab Pentas connected.

Good luck getting it repaired, as they are fabulous CRT TVs. There is a service manual on this site for it if you are a silver/gold member.

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
622 Posts
Bronze Member

This link may help. It mentions which solder joints tend to dry out .

https://archivedforum.beoworld.org/forums/p/14781/109622.aspx#109622

Stoobie

DarkSparkish
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks! I'll definitely be looking at it! Gives me hope that the issue isn't nearly as serious as the flyback transformer being busted.

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
622 Posts
Bronze Member

DarkSparkish:

Edit: Oops. Posted this three times by accident.

That happens when you push the POST button and you think nothing  is happening and then press again too soon. I tend to wait now after pressing it the first time.

DarkSparkish
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Yeah, I figured. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL