Qobuz launched in 6 new countries incl the Nordics

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 15 Replies | 0 Followers

VANTAGE
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
VANTAGE posted on Thu, Apr 15 2021 12:51 PM

To whom this may concern: Qobuz is now officially available in Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden.

In Denmark, the monthly streaming plan (up to FLAC 192 KHz) is DKK 149,99 per month, cheaper if you go for a full year.

VANTAGE

Current: Beovision Eclipse 65" v1 - Beolab 50 - Beolab 28 - 2 x BS2 (GVA) - 1 x BS1 (GVA) - Beoremote Halo - H9i

Past:

Beovision MX4000 - Beovision 3-32 - Beovision 7-55

Beosound 9000 - Beosound 5 / Beomaster 5

Beolab 6000 - Beolab 8000 - Beolab 5 - Beolab 3 - Beolab 17

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

oli
Top 500 Contributor
Southeast of France
127 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) oli replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 12:45 PM
Verified by Robert_A

With Bluetooth in the chain, you are not getting more than CD quality, at best, if ever you are using AptX codec. The Moment doesn't support AptX, so the output is running at mp3 level quality. 

You should invest in a good DAC, and feed your Moment via RCA, result will be much better, currently you are loading your internet bandwidth and paying HiRes sub to Qobuz for nothing.

Mac (with Audirvana) to DAC (via USB) to Moment (via RCA)

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,037 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Sandyb replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 1:07 PM
Verified by Robert_A
oli:

With Bluetooth in the chain, you are not getting more than CD quality, at best, if ever you are using AptX codec. The Moment doesn't support AptX, so the output is running at mp3 level quality.

You should invest in a good DAC, and feed your Moment via RCA, result will be much better, currently you are loading your internet bandwidth and paying HiRes sub to Qobuz for nothing.

Completely agreed (and correct)
Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,363 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Carolpa

oli:

a working solution

But the additional dac is not necessary

See next post how to

All Replies

Robert_A
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member

Wow! Any idea how to get this working with B&O products? Do they need google cast to work?

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,037 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Apr 15 2021 3:01 PM

Airplay or CC, from the Qobuz apps.

Robert_A:

Wow! Any idea how to get this working with B&O products? Do they need google cast to work?

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,363 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:
Airplay or CC, from the Qobuz apps.

Robert_A:
Or use Audirvana to access Qobuz and UPnP/DLNA stream to B&o. Benifits: formats/resolution presented by Qobuz reproduced, use of B&o own multiroom.

Note: Qobuz is working to intergrate direct UPnP stream from their app also. But this is in beta and doesn't work (well) with B&o.

Robert_A
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you for your answers! I will try the easiest way first. Bluetooth from my mac over to my Beosound Moment. It sounds really good, and the qobuz says the output is 24/44 - so maybe it is? Not sure what happens to the signal when it leaves the mac:)

/R

oli
Top 500 Contributor
Southeast of France
127 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) oli replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 12:45 PM
Verified by Robert_A

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,037 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Sandyb replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 1:07 PM
Verified by Robert_A
oli:

Completely agreed (and correct)
Robert_A
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you oli!

This is just the info i need to get the best out of my BL18/Moment setup.

Have a nice weekend!

/R

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,363 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Carolpa

oli:

a working solution

But the additional dac is not necessary

See next post how to

Robert_A
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member

@Carpola - How can I solve this without a additional dac?

/R

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,363 Posts
Bronze Member

Robert_A:
For the Moment you do NOT need the proposed connection with a DAC. I just double checked it.

The same if you have a BS35, A6, M3, M5, Essence mkII, Harmony or Core (Shape)

Start Audirvana, select the speaker with "wifi" (on the right, below), set the DAC on ASIO, check the Beosound Moment, you can change the settings for streaming to the Moment by selecting ">".

Then play something on Audirvana. The Moment will start and play the chosen track.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,363 Posts
Bronze Member

Carolpa:
Robert_A:
For the Moment you do NOT need the proposed connection with a DAC. I just double checked it.

The same if you have a BS35, A6, M3, M5, Essence mkII, Harmony or Core (Shape)

Start Audirvana, select the speaker with "wifi" (on the right, below), set the DAC on ASIO, check the Beosound Moment, you can change the settings for streaming to the Moment by selecting ">".

Then play something on Audirvana. The Moment will start and play the chosen track.

You can also do this on the Audirvana Remote (iOS)

Audirvana must be running on your MAC/PC to controll it with the app.

the Moment is the "Active Audio Device"

"Find my way" is played on the Moment

Robert_A
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks! My problem now is that the Moment don't show up in the list of Active Audio Device.. In the list I only have MacBook Speakers. The Moment and Mac are on the same wifi...

I only have a trial on Audirvana to check that I can make it work - maybe that's the problem?

/R

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,363 Posts
Bronze Member

Robert_A:
I only have a trial on Audirvana to check that I can make it work - maybe that's the problem?
Will make no difference
Robert_A:
My problem now is that the Moment don't show up in the list of Active Audio Device.
And in the actual Audivana app on your Mac/PC? It can take some time to show......... but it should become vissible. Play some music (TuneIN, Deezer, Music)  on the Moment........

Audirvana in my settings show all devices.

Note: on a MAC you will not see an ASIO driver; don't bother to select something, just select the Moment if presented 

Robert_A
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member

The Moment won't show up, but I will keep nerding with this until I find a solution! Thank you so much for helping me out with this!

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL