Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Carlos09
Not Ranked
North East England
22 Posts
Bronze Member
Carlos09 posted on Wed, Mar 31 2021 11:55 AM

Hello

Does anyone know if there is a HD upgrade for the DTV on the mark BV7?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks 

Carl

All Replies

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
575 Posts
Founder
If you have a Mark VI BeoVision 7 then it should already be full HD (1920 x 1080). And 3D as well.

What are you trying to upgrade to?

Carlos09
Not Ranked
North East England
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes it’s 1089P, but there are no HD channels when I scan the DTV channels ... Apple TV and other inputs are full HD, so I assumed that the DTV is not HD.

I may be wrong?

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
575 Posts
Founder
Is it a UK model BV7? I know that at one time B&O’s DVB tuners were DHD, i.e.they would only receive European Full HD broadcasts, not English ones. But I thought they had got this right (for the UK) by the time the Mk VI came out.
Carlos09
Not Ranked
North East England
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, although I’m it the first owner, it was supplied by B&O Winchester in 2010.

Hmmm, maybe my aerial is not up to scratch.

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
575 Posts
Founder
According to this post at TechRadar, the Mk VI had a DVB-T2 tuner in 2012, so I imagine that yours should have it too: https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/audio-visual/televisions/plasma-and-lcd-tvs/bang-olufsen-beovision-7-40-1072421/review/2

If you go to the FREEVIEW website, it should tell you on which channel Full HD is broadcast for your area. You could try to manually tune to that channel.
OlivierC
Top 500 Contributor
103 Posts
Bronze Member
OlivierC replied on Wed, Mar 31 2021 10:38 PM
I don’t live in the UK, I am not familiar with the local broadcasting standard, but here in the continent we need a TV set equipped with a DVB-T2 HEVC receiver.

The BV 7 does not have HEVC, this might be the reason why HD transmissions are not decoded.

In case this is the cause, then you’d need an external Freeview box connected to the BV 7.

The box can be controlled via Beo4 through PUC, so you can hide it away.

Regards.

Olivier
Carlos09
Not Ranked
North East England
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks you are both correct, the mk4 only has DVB T and not T2, which is what is required for HD reception.

Looking at my menu, I have only a few items listed in the PUC menu, so I would need to get B&O service folks in to make the Beo4 remote work, and unless I misunderstand?

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
575 Posts
Founder
Ah - I thought you had a Mk 6 as your thread title says “mark VI”.

That explains why you have DVB-T and not DVB-T2.

Yes - if you don’t currently have a PUC for the external Freeview Receiver you want to attach, you’ll need to engage a B&O dealer to bring along their PC and add the PUCs to your BV7.

It may be worth thinking of all the PUCs you might need, e.g. Apple TV (various generations), Panasonic or Samsung Blu-Ray players, etc. As well as your Freeview box. Let the dealer know in advance, then they can install them all at the same time.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,998 Posts
Bronze Member

That is correct!

Find the box of your choise and ask the dealer (or here) for a (well) working PUC entry.

When you setup/install the box, first disable both tuners in the menu - then you will be able to assign the TV button on the Beo4 to activate the used input port.

N.B. If not already installed be sure to get the entry for the ATV box (and/or others) - even if you don’t need those now, it is nice to have, if you at some point should want to sell the BV7.

Enjoy.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Carlos09
Not Ranked
North East England
22 Posts
Bronze Member

One last question... doesn’t the BV 7 require the B&O service tool to add / remove PUC entries?

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
575 Posts
Founder
Carlos09:

One last question... doesn’t the BV 7 require the B&O service tool to add / remove PUC entries?

Yes. This is why I said in my last post “you’ll need to engage a B&O dealer to bring along their PC and add the PUCs to your BV7.”
Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL