Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beogram 6500 Audio via BM6500/1611 to ML-network

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 30 Replies | 0 Followers

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
301 Posts
Bronze Member
kimhav posted on Tue, Mar 30 2021 8:54 PM

Would it be possible to get the Beogram 6500 to play audio through the ML-network if it's attached to BM6500 which is connected to the ML-network via Beolink 1611? While I'm aware that PHONE isn't available any more and reused for either N:MUSIC/N.RADIO (can't remember which) were the idea would be to make use of DVD2 (or any other available and not used remote code) or would A.AUX be the one to use. What are the possibilities here.

To be mentioned, the following gear exists in the current setup beside the BS6500 system which I'm curious to what extend I could include to the ML-network: 1xBV10, 1xBS Moment (via BLC), 1x BS9000, 2xBeolink Active, and 2xBeolink Passive including a MLGW (old version).

All Replies

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
372 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Sun, Apr 11 2021 8:44 PM

Carolpa:

That said and with the proposed setup; if you setup the BLC correctly, the PHONO (N.Radio) command will only start the BG6500 and the sound can be ML/NL distributed. You have to reprogram the Moment sources in the BLC though, otherwise you will end up with a conflict (PHONO starts the BG6500; N.Radio starts the Moment; PHONO = N.Radio the same command)

Carolpa, would this N.RADIO/PHONO and N.MUSIC/A.TAPE2 conflict be an issue when I would link a BeoMaster 6500 to a Core through a BLC, and I only have a Beogram CD 7000 connected to the 6500? Will both the Core and the BeoMaster try to put a signal on the Masterlink bus you think? I hope that, as I will not use those inputs on the BeoMaster, this is not a problem.

I am tempted by a Core. I just would not like to give up my CD player.

Regards!

Johan

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,409 Posts
Bronze Member

Johan:
Carolpa:
That said and with the proposed setup; if you setup the BLC correctly, the PHONO (N.Radio) command will only start the BG6500 and the sound can be ML/NL distributed. You have to reprogram the Moment sources in the BLC though, otherwise you will end up with a conflict (PHONO starts the BG6500; N.Radio starts the Moment; PHONO = N.Radio the same command)
Carolpa, would this N.RADIO/PHONO and N.MUSIC/A.TAPE2 conflict be an issue when I would link a BeoMaster 6500 to a Core through a BLC, and I only have a Beogram CD 7000 connected to the 6500? Will both the Core and the BeoMaster try to put a signal on the Masterlink bus you think? I hope that, as I will not use those inputs on the BeoMaster, this is not a problem.

I am tempted by a Core. I just would not like to give up my CD player.

Regards!

Johan

Hallo Johan,

The original question was about using a remote on the ML side of the system as shown on the picture. With same sources reacting to the same commands. If I'm correct you want the next setup:

BG7000CD+BM6500 <-> BLC <-> Core

Then you can program the BLC to response to a CD remote command (even on the Core side of the system; if an IR eye is connected to the Core).

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
372 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Mon, Apr 12 2021 10:29 AM

Hi Carolpa, Thanks - that sounds promising!

Yes correct: BG7000CD+BM6500 <-> BLC <-> Core.

I would like a Core to bring TuneIn and DLNA music into my MasterLink system. My worry is that when I press N.RADIO on my Beo4, my BeoMaster switches on to start playing from its PHONO input, as well as the Core starts to send TuneIn audio into the MasterLink network . As such that would not be an issue for me (nothing is connected to the PHONO input of the BeoMaster), as long as there will be no (noise) problems.

For ease of use I would like to use original Beo4 commands to play all audio sources on my MasterLinked BM 6500 / Bsys3 / BL3500 / BL2000 / BL Active. So: RADIO for FM radio, CD for Beogram CD 7000, N.RADIO for TuneIn internet radio from Core, N.MUSIC for DLNA from Core (music from MacMini). Plus TV for the audio played on the BSys 3. That would be hopefully achievable with the BLC.

It would be great to link three generations of link systems seamlessly together! I am in no rush, but wanting to figure out how elegant the user experience could be.

Regards and thanks a lot, Johan

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,409 Posts
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Apr 12 2021 12:26 PM

Johan:
For ease of use I would like to use original Beo4 commands to play all audio sources on my MasterLinked BM 6500 / Bsys3 / BL3500 / BL2000 / BL Active. So: RADIO for FM radio, CD for Beogram CD 7000, N.RADIO for TuneIn internet radio from Core, N.MUSIC for DLNA from Core (music from MacMini). Plus TV for the audio played on the BSys 3. That would be hopefully achievable with the BLC.
This is another ballgame alltogether.

In your setup ML is the central system (audio & video). CD, PHONO, ATAPE, ATAPE2, RADIO are all sources occupied by the ML command. So you will have no free sources/commands for TuneIn and Music on the NL side

I see only one "workable"option.

-. connect the Core PL-out to ATAPE(2) of your BM6500. The Core is handled with the B&o app, the rest with the Beo4.

There will presumably be another option with 2 BLC......... let me think

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,409 Posts
Bronze Member
What if:

1. BLC is set to ASlave and only the BM6500/CD7000 are connected

2. second BLC is connected to the BSys 3 and all other Beolink devices; programmed as AMaster

3. Radio and CD of the BM6500 are set to be distributed to NL. N.Radio command is set for TuneIn; N.Music for DLNA music and to be distributed to ML.

4. Speakers originally connected to the BM6500 are connected to the Core or BSys3

This should do the trick also!

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
372 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Mon, Apr 12 2021 2:10 PM

Your consultancy is much appreciated Carolpa.

This would be just perfect. I already have the living room speakers (8000/6000/7.1/2) connected to the BSys3. And none to the BM6500. So that is good.I need to go BLC hunting then slowly but surely now :-).

Tnanks again! Johan

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,409 Posts
Bronze Member

Johan:
Tnanks again! Johan
Graag gedaan - your welcome

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
372 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Fri, Apr 23 2021 7:23 PM

Hoi Carolpa,

Core and first BLC connected and configured. Am happily playing around with the settings! Thanks again for your support. I really enjoy getting those classics working in cooperation with the latest technology! Second BLC is coming soon to tie my BeoMaster 6500 and BeoGram CD 7000 into the mix :-).

One thing I need to figure out is how to get ALAC files playing with the app. I found MP3s work fine. I think this has to do with Plex I am using. So will google around a bit what I can do about that.

Until now I am finding out how nice it all works - like using the '2' button on the Beo4 and then seeing that actually the 2nd TuneIn station of the favorites list is played. Did not expect that! Very cool.

Groet, Johan

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,409 Posts
Bronze Member

Johan:
One thing I need to figure out is how to get ALAC files playing with the app. I found MP3s work fine
Hallo Johan,

I expect this is a PLEX thing! The Core supports ALAC so you should expect to get music. For testing purpose you could try another DLNA server.

Veel plezier......

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
372 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Sat, Apr 24 2021 1:37 PM

Thumbs Up fixed it with twonky server - all good here Smile

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
372 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Thu, Apr 29 2021 7:02 PM

Second BLC connected and settings made (for now I chose the 2nd BLC to be a V-master which seems to work). I did not connect my CD player yet to the BeoMaster, but when choosing CD on the Beo4, the BM6500 switches to CD :-). So looking good for now. At the moment the family is using the TV, so will finalize later this week.

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
372 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Mon, May 3 2021 10:13 AM

Hi Carolpa, I just connected my BGCD7000 to the BM and am now listening to a Hozier CD, works fine with Beo4 (and BR1) control! Si I achieved the goal (adding internet radio and keeping all sources under the logical remote buttons) and am very pleased with that.

Only one thing you might have an answer to: should I now be able to control the CD player with the app? So far that is not working. I tried some different settings with 'ML role' and 'Product controlled by Apps' that did not help. Should I expect that detail to work anyway?

Thx for letting know if you do :-)

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,409 Posts
Bronze Member

Johan:
should I now be able to control the CD player with the app?
Yes.

1. In the BLC "Experiende mapped to NL" you check the CD (and if you need the Radio or AUX). Note: you can rename the "Name used on NL" to CD7000 and Aux6500, Radio6500 (or anything you like; makes ID of the source easier)

2. On the IR mapping page you set the ML IR command. For the CD - "NL product name" = the BLC - "NL source"  = CD7000 (if you renamed it to this; this is for the correct IR commands). 

3. BLC with BM6500/CD7000 connected is the primary linked device of the Core (settings of Core)

4. The sources of the BLC must be checked in the list of sources of the Core to be available (settings Core)  

Then the CD7000 should start when you choose the CD7000 in the list of sources of the Core in the app.

There are some weird behavours anyway. To multiroom the CD7000 experience to other NL products, you have to go to the BLC (with the BM6500/CD7000 connected) in the app and then add more rooms. If you would try this for the Core multiroom will not be available.

Succes

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
372 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Mon, May 3 2021 10:55 AM

Hang on, I played a bit more with the settings: With 'ML Role' = 'A.Slave', and 'Product controlled by Apps' = my BLC on the BSys 3 side, I now can change tracks. This is so cool!

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
372 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Mon, May 3 2021 12:14 PM

Thank you Carolpa, works nice now! Lets have a Party !!!

It is getting a bit crowded in my utility room with a switch, a 1611, 2 BLCs, a Core, an ML patch box and a BeoLink Active :-). I could drop the Active and connect the kitchen BL 4000s to the core, but I think I will just leave them in the ML system for synchronization's sake.

The user experience is really slick now. And has to be. The ladies I live with (partner and daughters) will not accept too much complication. They will not use the app much anyway, I just have to make sure there are enough Beo4s around (and one BR1 for the BSys3 + LG combo). 

I might connect the office/attic's BV7-32 and the bedroom's BC6-26 to the ML so I can use N.RADIO of the core there too. These two TVs are now in a separate ML network with a BM4500. It would make my attic's BM4500 redudant which I find a pity! I now listen to radio there with an Airport express / streaming from an old iPad mini. Another project will be to add a BL2000 in the garage. Just for fun. And the nice thing is now that I will not need a remote there as the RADIO and TAPE buttons of it will call for N.RADIO and MUSIc.

One day I might replace the 8000s for 5s hopefully. And the 4000s for 17s maybe.

But for now all is working! Thumbs Up

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL