rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Graeme969
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Graeme969 posted on Sun, Mar 28 2021 1:30 PM

Good morning

I hope someone can help a recommendation.

We recently inherited a 1972 Beogram 4000 which is badly in need of some restoration. The unit is cosmetically very good. It powers up, is quiet, the turntable seems free and stable. The arm tracks, but will not drop, the mechanical indicator slips and I’m sure it will require a full service once these problems are addressed.

The unit belonged to my wife’s Father, and we want to restore it and keep it in the family. Can anyone please recommend a reliable company or individual to undertake the restoration? We live in Suffolk near the Essex and Cambridgeshire borders but I am more then happy to drive to other areas to find the right people or person to do the restoration.

I hope someone here can help. Recommendations from people in the know are always more reliable than trusting to the unknown.

many thanks

Graeme

All Replies

AdamS
Top 200 Contributor
339 Posts
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Tue, Mar 30 2021 1:14 PM

Tim Jarman is the man you need - he's in Farnborough, Hampshire.

I'll send you a message with his contact details.

AdamS
Top 200 Contributor
339 Posts
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Tue, Mar 30 2021 1:48 PM

Graeme,

Just in case you see this, the message I sent you bounced back as undeliverable to your email address. I'd rather not list Tim's phone number on an open forum, but you can contact him through his website here: https://beocentral.com/contact

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL