Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BBC Radio 4 TuneIn stream dead

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 16 Replies | 1 Follower

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
145 Posts
Gold Member
ebnrob posted on Fri, Mar 26 2021 9:58 AM

Anyone else having trouble playing radio 4 in the UK?

radio 1 and 2 are okay. Both my M3 and essence 2 try then jump to the next favourite.

Rob.

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,016 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Mar 30 2021 3:03 PM
Well, whether the insistence on data collection is a concern for the BBC, however annoying it may be to us.

Integrated services worked well in the past with B&O products, allowing such joyous things as touch to join.

Absent TTJ, it certainly removes one attraction to me, hence my ongoing interest

It would be a shame if their speakers just became good looking speakers, stripped of other functionality.

But I concede that it’s not perfectly under hardware manufacturers control, such is today’s convoluted world of content distribution and consumption.
ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
145 Posts
Gold Member
ebnrob replied on Tue, Mar 30 2021 4:37 PM

I was able to access a direct stream from a BBC URL so I am hoping b&o can update the stream URLs in their netradio database. I suspect the reason BBC pulled out from TuneIn was to do with distribution fees rather than stats. They don't receive stats from traditional FM, DAB or freeview (DVB-T) and their streaming servers would be able to report on the number of connections and IP addresses without the need of a mobile app. The joke of it is that it's the other way round outside of the UK; BBC Sounds blocked but streams available via TuneIn! 

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL