rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Bubbah12
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Bubbah12 posted on Sun, Mar 14 2021 8:28 AM

Hello all, 

I have recently inherited a Beosound 9000 (I believe MkIII).  It was someone's who sadly passed away.  

I have switched the unit on and noticed a few problems: 

• When you press the open button, the glass tries to open but only gets halfway before giving up and closing again.  The closing side of things seem to be fine.  I have taken the glass off and the mechanism works perfectly well without it/  It opens fully when the glass isn't there.
  • I then noticed that it plays a track for the first minute or so, and then resets itself to the 1st cd and a red light flashes.
  • I have also noticed that some of the buttons on the main controller don't appear to be doing much.  Since I don't have any instructions I am not sure what they should display.  but the bass and treble buttons, along with the timer don't seem to be doing anything.  But the volume, mute, aux etc all work fine.

On a side note, when the stereo is switched on, the red light flashes from the very start.  Is this normal or should it not be flashing.

I should also add that is has been in storage and not played for over 12 months.

Thanks for your help in advance.  I hope i can fix the issue.  Or do you think it's only good for the scrap heap?

Thanks again,

Phil

All Replies

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
1,601 Posts
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Sun, Mar 14 2021 11:02 AM
Hi Bubbah, and welcome to BeoWorld.

The three most usual problem with a BS 9000 is

Dirt or dust on the two small plastic knobs on the front edge (under the glass). They send a light between them, and if the light is interrupted the player believes there’s a children’s hand or something, and stops playing. Easy fix, just clean the knobs. On the backside there a two small arrows hidden behind plastic covers. The arrows shall be adjusted according to which orientation you’ve given the BS 9000. Also an easy fix. Broken laser. Quite common as the decades are rolling in. An easy fix for a repair man, or a skilled DIY-man

Not sure though if anyone of this trio is what happened to your set, but a good and easy start is cleaning the knobs and checking the arrows.
Bubbah12
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Bubbah12 replied on Sun, Mar 14 2021 12:09 PM

Thanks. I've tried adjusting the arrow and cleaning, but it still struggles to open the door...I think a trip to a b and o engineer is needed...sounds expensive before I've even walked in the shop

Bubbah12
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Bubbah12 replied on Sun, Mar 14 2021 12:11 PM

Thanks. I've tried adjusting the arrow and flipped it vertically and the door opens....so now it's the buttons on the top and the CD resetting itself..but you would guess it's a laser problem?

Bubbah12
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Bubbah12 replied on Sun, Mar 14 2021 12:23 PM

I turned the stereo vertically and it fixed the door opening...the only reason I question the laser is because it plays perfectly for a minute or two then resets...could it be a cpu issue?

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,848 Posts
Founder

Your BS9000:

1. Needs a new belt for the glassdoor.

2. It's pincode protected. Needs a pin every time the power is taken off. Find the pincode or get a master code (with prove that it is yours) at a dealer, who can provide you with a master code.

Bubbah12
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you..I had my suspicions that this may have been the case

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL