rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Robert_A
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
Robert_A posted on Wed, Mar 10 2021 12:52 PM

Hi!

I have a pair of Beolab 18 connected to a Beosound Moment via wireless. I just wonder - do esthis give me the very best sound from the BL18? Will it be better with cables? Or perhaps to connect a Core instead of the Moment? Or does all B&O sources sound the same?

/Robert

All Replies

jowus
Top 500 Contributor
140 Posts
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Wed, Mar 10 2021 3:33 PM
Hi,

Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile! You were not impressed of the Sound you were getting, right? I was very dismayed for the first time I connected BeoMoment to BeoLab 1, until I connected BeoSystem 4 with my BeoLab’s and connected the Moment thru Multiroom! It Sounds Way Better with the Receiver!

I haven’t tried the Core, but I heard, the Sound Quality is Better than the Moment!

Receiver is More important in B&O Non TV Setup, I wonder why they are still not investing on that!
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,498 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Mar 10 2021 4:09 PM
I have my BL18s connected to a core and I think they sound really good. They are cabled but that is to ensure zero WISA dropouts.

You don’t mention what your source material is ie spotify/Deezer/locally stored music files etc and this will naturally also have an impact on what you are hearing.
Robert_A
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

I quite happy, but I think they could be more dynamic...the sound is a bit flat. And its not the lack of base that is wrong with the sound...just sounds a bit boring. The music I play is Deezer FLAC - and that sounds way better than Spotify over bluethooth.

Sounds like Core & Cables is a good way to upgrade the sound:)

/R

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,900 Posts
Gold Member
The position setting (wall,corner,free) can make the difference too.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,498 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Mar 10 2021 7:07 PM
Robert_A:

I quite happy, but I think they could be more dynamic...the sound is a bit flat. And its not the lack of base that is wrong with the sound...just sounds a bit boring. The music I play is Deezer FLAC - and that sounds way better than Spotify over bluethooth.

Sounds like Core & Cables is a good way to upgrade the sound:)

/R

That sounds strange to me. The one thing I wouldn’t call the 18s is flat and boring. To me they are punchy, dynamic with crisp and clear vocals.
Robert_A
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Hmmm.. Not sure what's wrong..but I will try to connect a Beosound Essence to check if they will sound a bit more dynamic, Take for example Billie Ellish - When the partys over - there is no bass, and then I mean not at all in the chorus (0:50 - 1min).  It sounds more like a very gentle acoustic version.. Strange that they don't try to play as low as they can rather than cutting all the bass away?

Yup, I'm planning to add a BL19 . that will help👍🏻😊

/Robert

Robert_A
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

I know I mentioned that the problem wasn't the lack of bass...but maybe it is🤷🏼‍♂️

/Robert

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,498 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, Mar 12 2021 8:26 PM
Robert_A:

Hmmm.. Not sure what's wrong..but I will try to connect a Beosound Essence to check if they will sound a bit more dynamic, Take for example Billie Ellish - When the partys over - there is no bass, and then I mean not at all in the chorus (0:50 - 1min). It sounds more like a very gentle acoustic version.. Strange that they don't try to play as low as they can rather than cutting all the bass away?

Yup, I'm planning to add a BL19 . that will help👍🏻😊

/Robert

That’s actually a peculiar song to pick. It is basically an acoustic track with very very deep bass that is well below the frequency that the BL18s (and a lot of other speakers) can register. My BL19 moves serious air when it’s playing.

But there’s no bass in it other than the very very low frequencies.

Try the game of love by Daft Punk, cousin Dupree by Steeley Dan and black skinhead by Kanye west. They’re great tracks to show the best of the 18s. If they don’t sound really good there’s something wrong. Enjoy!
OldJack
Top 200 Contributor
Split
367 Posts
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Fri, Mar 12 2021 10:53 PM

This is how I check bass.BL2 sounds excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_6uRz-x1WE&list=PLeDJ1F3W5GgK5ElUo6ASdG4o6lpvH_pz7&index=3

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones E8,A8,A9 keyring,Beoplay A1,Bottle opener,Beoplay A2 active(thanks Botty)Wine Set(thanks Botty),4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Retrogue
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

OneVanilla

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL